Business Studies Teacher (Garden Hills Campus)
- Licensed Teacher
- Subject Related
- Teaching Credential/License
-Valid Passport with Min. one blank page and six months validity
-Covid Vaccination records Min. two doses
-Monthly housing allowance
-Relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers
-Tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance
-12 weeks of paid holidays
You can expect to teach an average of 23 teaching hours per week, plus 3 hours per month allocated to substitute teaching. In addition, you will have a generous amount of non-contact time for planning, preparation, and professional growth.
Where are you teaching next?
With seven modern campuses, a large team of professional teachers, and experienced academic managers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual K-12 education system for nearly 8,000 predominantly Vietnamese students. With an increasing student base and curriculum offerings, we are excited to seek applications from qualified candidates to join our dynamic and professional teaching team.
5 reasons to teach in Vietnam and at VAS
Working and living in Vietnam as an expat has many benefits. Vietnam is a tropical and cultural paradise that has one of the highest economic growth rates in Southeast Asia. It is an ideal destination for many international teachers due to its cheap cost of living, rich culture, fantastic food, friendly people, and wonderful students. Vietnam has emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic in a strong position thanks to the swift action taken by the Government. Education professionals in Vietnam are highly respected and regarded, making teaching in Vietnam a great opportunity for teachers to bring value and feel valued.
- One of the worlds' absolute best countries to work in – Vietnam is ranked as the 5th Best Destination for Expats in 2022 by Fortune and was the 10th Best in 2021 as ranked by InterNations.
- Fantastic students – Vietnamese students are well-known for being highly motivated, well-behaved, and respectful of their teachers, making for a pleasant classroom environment in all grade levels.
- Culturally diverse teaching environment – VAS is one of the leading international bilingual schools in Vietnam. It has around 1,100 Local and International teachers supporting our highly successful integrated curriculum, consisting of Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. Our teachers are truly an international group, bringing a mix of experiences, cultures, and skills to our school.
- Career progression – being part of a fast-growing school of 7 campuses and nearly 8,000 students, our expat teachers have a chance to develop their careers and gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre. Many of our teachers are promoted internally each year to various management-level positions.
- Salary & Benefits – due to the low cost of living in Vietnam, many people can save more compared to their home country. Expat teacher benefits at VAS consist of a competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers, tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more.
What you will do?
As a Business Studies teacher, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming, and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Teaching Secondary Cambridge International Business Studies curriculum (required to teach IGCSE, with the potential of teaching up to A-level)
- Ensuring that teaching and learning in the classroom are of a consistently high quality
- Actively contributing to a cohesive, hardworking, and happy team, with a strong collegiate culture
- Promoting and developing students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom
Your background and experience
This is a certified Secondary Business Studies teaching position that requires you to have a recognised teaching qualification in Secondary Business Studies. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and behaviours:
- Has taught IGCSE Business Studies for at least two full terms/cycles
- Experience teaching AS and A-Level Business is an advantage
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with diverse people
- Has a genuine interest in the field of Business Studies from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective
- Displays an open mindset and ability to develop efficient student and parent relationships
- Shows a willingness to embrace our VAS core values
Expat teacher benefits at VAS consist of a competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers, tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. You can expect to teach an average of 23 teaching hours per week, plus 3 hours per month allocated to substitute teaching. In addition, you will have a generous amount of non-contact time for planning, preparation, and professional growth.
To apply for this role, please send your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.
For further guidance regarding your written application and tips from VAS, please visit our Job Application Guide.
Learn more about what it is like to teach at VAS by reading our teacher's stories.
Note regarding COVID-19 and vaccinations
Before joining VAS, teachers must submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record/passport/equivalent, including the information of two (2) vaccinations, the dates of each vaccination, and the type (manufacturer, including batch number). This is a compulsory requirement from Department of Health and Department of Education and Training (DOET) in Vietnam.
Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programs. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,000 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
To be a growing school group of excellence, preparing students to be successful in life and higher education, whilst preserving Vietnamese values through a combination of National and International education programs.
VAS will transparently set out its core values and empower all its stakeholders to fully apply themselves to achieve the highest standard in each of these values in a culture of continuous improvement.
VAS will deliver a harmonious combination of national and international education programs with a high level of English and Vietnamese language proficiency.
VAS will create a community of national and international managers, teachers, and staff who passionately and efficiently deliver VAS’s education programs.
VAS will excel in communicating and engaging with parents to create a partnership where parents support teachers and staff to ensure that their children achieve their full potential.
VAS will provide its education programs to a growing number of students and in a growing number of locations sustainably and responsibly.
There are several places to find jobs teaching English in Vietnam: colleges, language institutions, and international schools. Teach abroad jobs in Vietnam exist for licensed teachers, teachers with IB experience, and ESL instructors.