Career Guidance Counselor
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or Counselling or other related degree
- Other Certification
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11, and 12) attested by the Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas – hired and locally – hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fee - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical Insurance - medical insurance provided to visa holders only
The SAIS Career Guidance Counselor is primarily responsible to guide students of Grades 11 & 12 to make career choices and course selections.
Reports to: Principal
Responsible for: Students of grades 10-12
- Offer Orientation to new students of Grade 11 and up about evaluation of credits needed for graduation.
- Offer advice to Grade 10 students on course elective subject selection.
- Maintain files on universities and scholarships that can be easily accessed by students.
- Assist students with the university admissions process, including writing recommendation letters for students and critiquing teacher recommendations.
- Compile and mail university reports and documents.
- Maintain awareness of university admission trends specific to the UAE.
- Check and verify accurate graduation credit requirements.
- Help prepare various publications such as the Career Guide.
- Organize the School Career Day, coordinate with several local universities to arrange their attendance on this day, ensure students are interacting beneficially with visiting institutions and universities at the Career Day, and refer students with different aptitudes/interests to appropriate university information desks.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Principal.
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".