College Admission Specialist
- College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in college admissions, recruitment or school counselor.
- International student experience required.
- College Recruitment experience desired.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and applicable software, internet and web-based resources.
- Physical demands:
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear, and eye/hand/foot coordination frequently;
- Ability to lift, climb, carry and feel objects, occasionally;
- Possess a valid driver’s license with applicable insurance coverage. Possess a valid Passport before date of hire.
- 20% of time will be spent traveling to USA College Campus Sites and WAY American School Campus sites in Brazil and China.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Ability to positively communicate WAY American School to the community and the HERO program in a positive manner.
Highly competitive annual salary along with additional benefits
Are you experienced in college admissions and recruiting? Are you passionate about education and open to new cultures? If so, we have a job offer for you!
Who we are:
WAY American School was founded in 2013 and currently serves students in partnership with top international private schools across Brazil and China, offering an innovative approach to earning an accredited High School diploma. WAY American School strives to make every student successful in gaining acceptance to North American and other high-quality international universities providing the tools, knowledge, and skills for every student to be highly successful in school and beyond. We are continuously growing in size and we are always looking for great people to join our team.
The College Admission Specialist is responsible for working with students, parents, teachers, college counselors, administrators, and other stake holders related to the college admission process. It will be necessary to work with staff in each of our WAY American Schools in Brazil and China to ensure that the college bound culture is being created from middle school on through high school and beyond. The Specialist will facilitate meetings with stake holders including students, to explore careers and post-secondary options. These meetings require travel and the ability to facilitate groups virtually. The Specialist will also expand the existing university network and post-secondary options available for our international students. This position requires 20% of your time traveling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership abilities: Program design, communication, implementation and evaluation. Ability to lead small groups.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, counselors, administrators, and other stake holders to provide information and programming as follows:
- Early awareness for students and their families, in terms of curriculum, career pathways, and international student scholarships.
- Provision of appropriate support systems for all students in rigorous work plans.
- Completion of applications for college, scholarships.
- Works with and assists students in completing online applications and program-specific applications and in completing related enrollment procedures and registrations activities.
- Provides information to prospective and current students on selective admissions academic programs requiring specific core-requisites, test scores, and /or other requirements.
- Creates and updates records and scans documents to track applications and supporting documents.
- Tracks student participation from application to enrollment by using various data tracking systems.
- Prepares various reports regarding admissions and enrollment activities.
- Facilitation of college tours as well as college recruiters visiting our campuses.
- Ensure scheduling of college entrance examinations and appropriate benchmarks at various grade levels.
- Facilitation of the implementation and continuous update of a HERO Work Plan for every student.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the high school’s college bound culture.
- Market, recruit and connect with external partners to develop programs that promote and align our students to college related activities and opportunities.
- Coordinate with school and community personnel to bring together resources for student students and their families, to include the creation and maintenance of a college and career plan.
- Collaborate with stake holders to implement postsecondary activities and events in order to develop college-oriented goals.
- Ability to discern the sensitivity of internal/ external communications in a large public organization and an awareness of the elements of public relations.
- Ability to work effectively with and include a diverse perspective while engaging students and the community population.
- Ability to learn quickly and the desire to rapidly become a knowledgeable voice in all topics related to postsecondary education.
- Collaborate with parents, teachers, counselors, administrators, and other relevant individuals.
Home base: Belleville, Michigan. Will consider Sarasota Florida location.
Salary: Very competitive salary
Welcome to an educational experience that encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project based student-centered learning experience, unique in-school, and online environments with 24/7 live access to educators.
WAY provides young people with a world-class education and the tools for success in life after graduating with an American high school diploma. WAY is changing the way students are being taught, by embracing the way they already learn through a project-based, student-centered approach. American teachers provide dynamic, innovative instruction to Chinese and Brazilian high school students.
WAY American School is a network of AdvancED accredited schools throughout the world. We offer a world-class education and tools for success in life after graduation. Through a partnership with elite private schools, our students acquire an American high school diploma without leaving China/Brazil. WAY American School graduates are equipped to enter the best universities in the United States and abroad.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.
Additional Information on Brazil:
In Brazil, we're partnered with private schools (several different ones) and have classrooms within the school. Our school works more as an after-school program and the average schedule has teachers teach two 2-hour classes from about 2pm-6pm (i.e. 2-4 & 4-6). Teachers report at 9:00am and mornings are designated for: planning, collaborating (with other teachers or teaching assistant (TA), who acts as more of a team-teacher), grading, meetings, etc.; teachers have an hour lunch, then prepare for students. All our curriculum is online and project-based. Lessons should generally consist of a language developing activity, then content based activities and engagement, and some work time where students are either doing collaborative work or teachers can work with students on individual progress and understanding.
Additonal information on China:
In China, we're partnered with one of the most prominate international schools in China, Bright Scholar, and have classrooms within the school. Our program is embedded into students' daily schedule, so teachers teach four forty-minute classes. Teachers are also expected to sponsor a student interest or academic club 1-2 times per week. All our curriculum is online and project-based. Lessons should generally consist of a language developing activity, then content based activities and engagement, and some work time where students are either doing collaborative work or teachers can work with students on individual progress and understanding.