- High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- Related field
- At least 5 years relevant working experience, IB school experience is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Competence in working with a rich cultural mix of students and teachers
- Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of how to apply them in a school environment
- Supportive HR staff and Academic team
- Attentive visa and transition support
- A school committed to teacher growth and development
- Above industry average monthly salary
- Housing allowance with relocation support
- Medial insurance
- Flight Allowance
- Paid holidays
- Year-end performance bonus
To provide academic, career, college access/affordability/admission to all students through a School College counseling program.
Organization, Leadership, Management
- Responsibility for the management of tertiary education applications
- Responsibility for the production of a Higher Education guidance brochure
- Oversight of arrangements for mock interview practice for College entrance
- Investigation and promotion of general student scholarships and management of student applications
- Provision of careers and tertiary education guidance to all students, including individual student interviews, parent consultations, attendance at appropriate Parents' Evenings and publicizing Careers/FE/HE Fairs
- Oversee the implementation of an appropriate software platform
- Have a commitment to collaboration and co-operative working with the secondary team
- Contact and liaise with parents as necessary.
- Liaison with other international schools in the region over the provision of careers-related resources
- Development of contacts with tertiary institutions worldwide and local advisory bodies
- Assistance in Parent Forums as required
- Development of the College website in conjunction with the marketing department to promote/inform about the further education and careers
- Contribution to external publications as appropriate
- Attend relevant College functions as required by the School.
- Attend relevant assemblies as determined by the School.
- Demonstrate the positive values, attitudes and behavior expected of students
- Be aware of the policies and practices of the school and share in collective responsibility for their implementation
Other tasks assigned by Secondary Leadership.
Walton Foreign Language School’s goal is to provide a creative, courageous, and open-minded learning community that encourages students to be lifelong learners. Walton helps students to be responsible global citizens, respecting both international and Chinese cultures and traditions. As a K-12, IB candidate school, our learning environment is focused on the cultivation of tomorrow’s leaders while embodying educational excellence, interdisciplinary proficiencies and cross-cultural competencies. As such, we strive to provide thought-provoking programs that support students in realizing their academic and individual potential.
Walton Foreign Language Schools belong to The Chiway Holding Group. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Shanghai, Chiway Holding Group has developed into a diversified, privately-owned corporation. Main businesses of the group include real estate investment and development, education investment, and cultural industries investment. Chiway Education brings in high quality education resources from abroad, and cooperates with colleges in Australia, the United Kingdom and America to develop international education projects in China.