- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- British Columbia Teaching Certificate - if the teacher does not have BC certification - please go to the BC teacher regulation website and use the application selection tool to determine eligibility - if eligible we will help you through the process
- Familiar with British Columbia Curriculum
- Candidate must have either a Masters's degree or a Masters's degree in process
- Minimum of two years of teaching experience. (or Masters Degree)
- Passionate about teaching
- The individual must be highly qualified in networking and will work with the administrative staff and teachers to meet the demands of the school's technology needs
Our teachers also enjoy the generous benefits that Sino Canada brings in terms of work/life balance, and our compensation/benefits package. The list below highlights the differences between our contract and other BC Offshore School contracts:
- A Calendar with generous holidays (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Summer, and other shorter holidays in October and May (up15 weeks in total).
- Travel Allowance - 10000 RMB/year for travel anywhere.
- Paid International Medical coverage.
- Living allowance.
- Free meals at school - 600 RMB/mo.
- Technology budget available - 3000 RMB.per year
- Professional development budget available to each teacher — 1000 RMB/year.
- Free weekly bus to and from all major cities near the school (Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou).
- Great facilities on-site: Swimming pool, horseback riding, free school workout facilities.
- Reduced Tuition for teacher’s children - 1st Child & 2nd child 80% for first 2 years - after 2 years free
- Rents are typically around 2000 to 2500 RMB per month ($400 to $500)
- The school is near a smaller community with all necessary amenities that include Starbucks, Tesco, and many great restaurants.
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Passionate about teaching
- Must be familiar with University/college entrance requirements
- Identifying issues affecting school performance, such as absenteeism
- Addressing social or behavioral problems
- Helping students develop skills needed for academic success
- Counseling individuals and small groups
- Assessing students’ abilities and interests
- Helping students achieve academic or career goals
- Portion of the time will be College Counselling - the Counsellor will work closely with the British Columbia Principal and the rest of the administrative staff
Sino-Canada School, located in Luxu, Jiangsu, China is a private boarding school offering Chinese and British Columbia curricula.
Sino-Canada's high school program is registered and inspected by the BC Ministry of Education and has been recognized as a top BC Offshore program in China.
We are proud of our ability to offer our students a truly authentic western experience.
Sino-Canada started its first academic year in September 2003, with an inaugural class of 140 grade 10 to 12 students. Sino-Canada now boasts a population of over 2100 students in the primary, junior and high school programs.
Sino-Canada School is located in Wujiang, Jiangsu province. We are about 60 km from Shanghai’s city center and 50 km from Suzhou’s city center. The actual campus has some interesting history. The land and many of the buildings still used today were once part of a theme park called Frobel Land. Remnants of Frobel Land can still be seen around campus. Looking at the satellite image of campus (below) you can still see what used to be the go-kart track and star-shaped flower gardens.
Currently, we have two main teaching buildings. One building is used exclusively for the BC and BC Preparation programs, and the other is for the Primary, Junior, and Chinese programs. The BC Program building has 50 BC classrooms, each outfitted with a projector and access to Wifi. In addition to our classrooms we also have 5 computer labs equipped with 30 computers each, a Physics Lab, Biology/Chemistry Lab, Music Room, Drama Room, Dance Studio, and a Lecture Theatre.
Separate from our teaching buildings is our gymnasium, Aquatics Center, and theatre. Our gym is 2200 square meters, with indoor courts for volleyball, basketball, badminton, and handball. The Aquatics center, or Natatorium, is equipped with two fully functional swimming pools, and an additional weight room. Finally, our theatre is stocked with all necessary electronics equipment and houses 400+ guests for all of our musicals, shows, competitions, and awards ceremonies”.