- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- B.A. or B.Ed. (mathematics or a related major) M.A. Curriculum & Instruction
- Teaching Credential/License
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11, and 12) attested by Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas – hired and locally – hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fees - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical Insurance - medical insurance provided to visa holders only
The Curriculum Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum, assessment, and instructional services. He/She also evaluates how well a school's curriculum meets students’ needs. He/She researches teaching methods and techniques and develops procedures to determine whether program goals are being met. He/She helps teachers become creators of student-centered learning environments, ready to challenge, and enable students to make real-world applications and connections to their learning.
Reports to: Principal
Responsible for: Development and Implementation of a Curriculum
- Plan and coordinate the development and implementation of effective horizontal and vertical curriculum and instruction, K-12, in collaboration with HoD’s, Grade leaders, and other teachers;
- Coordinates the development of curriculum objectives in collaboration with the HoD; monitors the implementation and evaluation of these objectives;
- Assists faculty with the planning and development of relevant classroom curricula, case studies, field trips (that support the curriculum, and in coordination with the Activities Supervisor), and/or tutorials as appropriate to program objectives, protocol, and standards;
- Assist heads of departments (HoD’s) with the development and printing of departmental curriculum guides/course descriptions;
- Coordinates the process for selection and purchase of textbooks, equipment, and instructional supplies in collaboration with the Hods;
- Conduct curriculum meetings and/or training with faculty; participates in the planning and delivery of curriculum training as appropriate;
- Facilitate and organize training for new faculty members;
- Assist and guide the development of course content;
- Assist in updating course content;
- Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to all teaching and administrative staff;
- Assists Hods with providing in-service guidance;
- Prepare reports as requested by the School Management Committee and the Principal;
- Attend professional staff development workshops to keep abreast of current practices;
- Acts as a resource person to teachers on issues in the curriculum area;
- Promotes innovation within the curriculum area;
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Principal.
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.