Design Thinking Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Art design
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateOther Certification
- Fluent English speaker with a clear accent - USA, Australia, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand
- More than 2 years teaching experience in an International Curriculum
- Working for 40 hours per week
- 5 days per week from Monday to Friday
- Renewal Bonus
- Housing Allowance
- Airfare Allowance
- Paid Holidays:
- Chinese Public Holidays
- Winter & Summer Vacation
- International health insurance
- Pick-up service
- To comply with all Handbooks and policies as set out by The MacDuffie School.
- To fully comply with the contract conditions
- To plan and deliver high quality, interactive lessons as set out within the schedule of assigned classes.
- To follow the appropriate Syllabus, Curriculum and Assessment Schedule.
- To deliver all assessments appropriately.
- To develop and use ‘hands on’ interactive Design classes and activities.
- To teach lessons that cater to the level and needs of the students.
- To monitor the learning and achievement of the students and to adapt lessons accordingly.
- To be responsible of all student progress within the class, activity or team.
- To be proactive in improving teaching and learning, both within own practice and within the school.
- To attend and complete all assigned training.
- To substitute for absent colleagues as required.
- To integrate the CIRCLE values into lessons and activities.
MacDuffie Schools China are private schools for Chinese students situated in the major cities of Shanghai, Nanjing and Tianjin. The first school was founded in 2013 and they are American Curriculum Schools, delivering the curriculum in English and following the requirements laid out by the American Common Core Curriculum.
The schools are going through a period of expansion and require teachers in all subject areas. All classrooms are equipped with internet, Smart Boards, and wireless projection systems. The schools are iPad schools and provide all teachers with an iPad as well as access to computer facilities. All resources are from the US and are up to date.
MacDuffie China is a partner of the MacDuffie Education group. There are MacDuffie Schools in Tianjin, Nanjing, Shanghai and Granby Massachusetts.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.