- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Drama/ Arts
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Teaching Endorsement in Drama/Theater
- MA preferred
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with teaching staff
- Prior experience in creating a year-long curriculum
- Candidates preferably will have had prior college-level theatrical/debate team experience
- Experience in the development of dramatic skills with children and in response to projects and investigations already happening within the class / and in reflection on our Whole School Focus
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the benefits of the dramatic arts across ages (movement, expression, vocal, whole-body, engagement, appreciation)
- Experienced and educated in the support modes for stage production (lighting, sound, direction, scripting, make-up, costume, etc.)
- Be a creative thinker with a passion for learning through authentic experience and the environment.
- Commitment to education of the whole child
- Ability to work in an integrated learning environment with a teaching team
- An attitude of respect, creativity, and life-long learning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- economy ticket for self from and to the home country per year
- Medical coverage
- End of service gratuity
The Speech and Drama teacher is responsible for helping students learn the listening and speaking skills behind public speaking through speech and drama. The successful applicant must be an expert in drama, drama production and be prepared to mentor other staff in these skills.
- Developing ideas with children of all ages to a central production piece will be required and expected
- Communicate high expectations for every student
- Provide opportunities for every student to succeed
- Teach utilizing a variety of strategies
- Lead students to higher-level thinking skills
- Use a variety of learning aids, technology, materials and equipment to stimulate higher-level thinking
- Involve all students in the learning process and adjusts instruction according to the needs of the students
- Demonstrate knowledge of varied methodologies in instruction and assessment
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.