Early Years Assistant
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, Vocational/Technical Instructor, College/University Faculty
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of teaching experience
- Ireland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Your Profile as an Early Years Assistant
The successful applicant for this role will have:
- a high proficiency in spoken and written English
- the ability to build effective and professional relationships with children, parents, and staff
- the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with children and adults
- the ability to manage time effectively with a positive and flexible attitude
- a commitment to equal opportunities
- high levels of motivation and commitment to high standards
- some knowledge of technology in the learning environment (PC, Interactive Whiteboard, Tablet, Apps, etc.)
- personal warmth and evident enjoyment of working with young children and adults
Experience in schools or kindergartens is an advantage.
- A competitive salary
- Free parking
- Medical health cover
- Pension contributions
Early Years Assistant January 2024
ISR is accredited by the German authorities as an ‘Anerkannte Internationale Ergänzungsschule’ (International Supplementary School) and by the US accrediting agency Cognia (formerly known as AdvancED). ISR is an IB World School authorized to offer the IB Diploma Programme and also offers Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) IGCSE courses. The school is a certified member of the Council of International Schools (CIS).
ISR has three separate sites, Neuss, Meerbusch, and Düsseldorf, we are seeking a full-time Early Years Assistant starting January 2nd, 2024, for our kindergarten in Düsseldorf. We are especially proud of our Kindergarten where we take a holistic approach to early childhood education. Our Kindergarten motto builds on the existing school motto: ‘We plant the seeds to enable great minds and strong characters’. Because of our proven track record, we have grown steadily.
We are particularly looking for flexible applicants, team players, and able to build sound relationships with students, colleagues, and parents. Most importantly, we need someone with a ’can do’ attitude, and a real desire to bring out the best in young people, whatever it takes.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the educator during the lessons, quiet time, lunchtime, and outside play
- Reinforce rules and behaviors of the learning environment for inside and outside activities
- Ensure children's safety at all time
- Encourage all children to behave in a respectful and polite manner
- Assist with morning care and extended daycare supervision in the group room and on the playground
- Participate in weekly meetings with the head of kindergarten and the educator
- Assist children as needed
We will be looking at you to establish your value in a fast-paced rewarding school and return will offer a range of career development opportunities.
ISR, located in the DÃ¼sseldorf – Neuss – Meerbusch region, offers excellent international education from Kindergarten to Grade 12 in a multilingual environment is exclusively financed by tuition fees, and does not receive financial support from the state. Furthermore, ISR is recognized as an accredited school by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. All proceeds are reinvested into the school to further benefit the students.
ISR is committed to providing comprehensive, internationally oriented, and individualized support for its students and offers an excellent learning concept that prepares students for studies at renowned universities worldwide. The well-structured curriculum, combined with the early identification of knowledge gaps through weekly tests (monitoring), form the basis for the graduation results of ISR graduates, which are far above the German and global average.
The curriculum is developed centrally and is taught using specially developed teaching programs. German is taught according to the curriculum for high schools in North Rhine-Westphalia.
Our ISR Team
Our international team comprises over 180 employees from over 40 countries. Around 160 staff members are dedicated solely to teaching, advising, and supervising the students as well as supporting them both in their academic and extra-curricular activities. This pedagogical team not only includes highly qualified teachers but also supervisors, university counselors, a student counselor, a school nurse, a student activities coordinator, a librarian, and the school leadership team.