go back
job header image

Elementary English Teacher

school
Blue Valley School
location
Escazú, Costa Rica
salary
US 1800 - 3000 a month
housing
Housing and transportations allowance
airfair
Full airfare reimbursement at your arrival and at the end of the contract
Start date
Start July 2024
2 years
1
  • Elementary, Middle School
  • University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
  • Bachelor
  • 1 year of teaching experience
  • Elementary, English, Teaching
  • Teaching Credential/License

Qualifications:

  • Bachelor's degree in Education or a related field.
  • Valid teaching certification or license.
  • Strong knowledge of current educational trends and best practices.
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
  • Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
  • Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and situations.
  • A passion for teaching and a commitment to student success.
  • Insurance: Public and Private medical & health insurance
  • 13th Salary: 8.33% equivalent to months worked per year
  • Employee Association: Available to join after 3 months. D
  • Employer Pension Tax: Employee may withdraw this amount after 5 years of consecutive employment or upon resignation or termination of the labor agreement
  • Doctor on campus:     Private doctor on campus for a free consultation and non-serious or emergency illness twice a week.
  • Work Permit: Work permit process for you and any dependent (Require documents must be provided)

Founded in 1989, Blue Valley is a private, bilingual, Pre-k through 12th-grade school with over 900 students that offers a challenging combination of Costa Rican and International curricula promoting technology, the arts, and physical wellbeing.

We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic English Teacher to join our team in July 2024. As an English Teacher, you will be responsible for educating and guiding young students in their academic and personal development. You will create lesson plans, teach various subjects, evaluate student progress, and communicate with parents and school administrators.

This is a Direct to School Job
This is a Direct to School Job

Blue Valley School Is Part of Inspired The Leading Global  Group Of Premium Schools.

Established in 1989, Blue Valley stands as a premier private bilingual international school catering to students from Pre-K to 12th grade. We pride ourselves on delivering a comprehensive and dynamic curriculum that seamlessly blends Costa Rican and global educational frameworks. Our student body represents a vibrant mosaic of nationalities, with 65% being Costa Rican and the remaining 35% hailing from around the world. While English takes the lead as the primary language of instruction for the majority of subjects, Spanish serves as the social and communal language on campus. This bilingual environment allows our students to transition effortlessly between the two languages, fostering a diverse and enriching educational experience.

Blue Valley is recognized with corresponding programs by the Ministerio de Educación Pública de Costa Rica (MEP) and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). It is also authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) to offer a program that prepares students to obtain the IB Diploma or chosen certificates.

This is a Direct to School Job
This is a Direct to School Job
Please note that Teach Away provides information on behalf of schools and cannot accept liability for information provided or policies schools may adopt. Be sure to verify all details that apply to you, and check for the latest visa and work permit requirements. For any questions regarding job postings, please contact the school directly. Teach Away believes in diversity and inclusivity, and that everyone deserves to be treated with respect and be considered fairly and equally for employment. We ensure all schools we work with adhere to our pledge to promote inclusivity and diversity in education and recruitment practices.

Similar Jobs

Uvita Christian Academy Uvita, Costa Rica License required
Start in July, 2024