Elementary English Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- English teachers are required to have a state teaching credential from USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand or Canada (TEFL/TESOL is recommended but insufficient without a credential)
- Must be able to provide access to a demo lesson in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles or an electronic copy of a 15+ minute demo lesson video or a live Skype demo
- Must be able to interview either over video teleconferencing or in Shanghai, Taipei or Los Angeles
- Must be able to provide at least 3 professional references
- Upon hiring, must be able to provide Taiwan-embassy authenticated copies of passport, bachelor's degree, teaching credential and criminal background check
- No knowledge of Mandarin is necessary
- A monthly salary of 75,000 NTD in the first year and 90,000 NTD in the second year.
- School housing (a single apartment or room in a shared apartment) or 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided in the first year of service. In the second year of service, only the 15,000 NTD/month stipend is provided. Teachers who are married to non-teaching spouses will receive a 20,000 NTD/month stipend. A standard housing agreement that limits school liability must be signed by the Teacher to obtain school housing. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- To offset the cost of transportation to Asia, 22,500 NTD is provided as an additional salary twice per year (once at the beginning of each semester) for a total travel stipend of 45,000 NTD. The teacher does not need to provide any proof of travel. Stipend is subject to local taxation.
- Work visa assistance and national health insurance is provided
- Approximately 3 weeks paid vacation (over Chinese New Year break) *
- Paid time off for local holidays and days between semesters *
- Unpaid leave during 6 weeks of summer break between teaching years. Some teachers will be asked to teach summer school; the details of such service will be decided upon at the time of the request.
*Actual time off depends on Education Bureau calendar for that year. For less than one week of Chinese New Year break, teachers will be required to be on campus in preparation for the new semester.
Banyan Global Learning's teaching abroad positions are attractive in that we have high retention rates and extensive support from American management including regular professional development sessions. We are a budding network of excellent teachers who actively support each other both during and after their time with us. Our English program combines content-based instruction, student-centered activities and traditional methods to promote academic and real-world usage of the English language. The curriculum is provided (including teachers' guides and training), but we trust our teachers with the freedom to deliver the content in ways that they find inspiring. Currently, we are looking for good, adventurous people with strong experience to join our thriving team.
Banyan Global Learning recruits and supports teachers in both Taiwan and China.
- Be on campus daily for the entirety of school day (7:50am to 4pm)
- Submit lesson plans when requested
- Attend all required meetings during school hours and weekend commitments such as teacher/parent meetings and other special events
- Correct all applicable student work in a timely manner, record oral readings for periodical exams
- Assist in applicable English language events and competitions during the school day
- Adhere to school-determined lesson pace of special content relevant to periodical exams
Tsai Hsing School is an esteemed institution with a rich history in Taipei and a kindergarten branch in Kunshan, China called Xing Kong Starry Sky Kindergarten. Our English program is administered by Banyan Global Learning and combines content-based instruction, progressive student-centered activities and traditional methods to promote academic and real-world usage of the English language. We are a growing network of educators who share a common passion for teaching and the empowerment of language.