Elementary Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education
- Responsible for teaching English Language, writing and literacy, art, science and math to classes of up to 22 students
- International experience desired but not required
- Able to work well with a team
- Teachers must maintain grades, parent contacts, running records, behavior management for the class and meet with administration and parents regarding individual students
- Implement the curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to ensure students’ education is at an internationally competitive level
- Solid standards-based instruction, lesson planning, strong classroom management skills and organization required
- Collaborate with colleagues and willing to work in a professional, academic environment
- Able to incorporate technology in classroom instruction
- They should be flexible and love kids
Single Teachers or Single Teachers with dependents:
- Settling-in allowance of approx. US$ 650 at the start of the contract
- Baggage allowance of approx. US$ 1315 upon joining and at the end of the contract
- Bus transportation from/to school/school apartments
- International health insurance
- Local sim card upon arrival
- Fully furnished single-occupancy apartment is provided
- 100% tuition covered for 1 child enrolled in school; 50% tuition covered for remaining children, provided spaces are available at the school
- One-way economy class ticket provided to new and non-returning employees from/to the nearest international airport from home of record for accompanying spouse and 2 children under the age of 18. Family needs to be residing in the country
- Local health insurance is provided for accompanying spouse and 2 children under the age of 18 and residing in the country
- Professional development opportunities in and outside the country
- End of service indemnity
Additional for Teaching Couples (where both teach at the same school):
- 100% tuition covered for 2 children enrolled in school; 50% tuition covered for remaining children
- Two-bedroom furnished apartment unit
Seeking Upper and Lower Elementary Homeroom Teachers (familiar with US/Canadian curriculum) to teach English, math, science, and art.
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.