Elementary Homeroom Teacher - Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor in relevant major and PGCE
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor of Education or Bachelor in relevant major and PGCE or equivalent Teaching Qualification.
Minimum Experience :
- At least 2 years of experience as a Primary/Elementary Teacher.
Job-Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- A good knowledge of Elementary pedagogy
- A passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
To be discussed after the interview.
ABO follows the US (AERO) Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with 1550 students, from KG1 to Grade 5. The ABO aims to be an inclusive, collaborative, student-centered school, to constantly develop staff, to develop stakeholder voices, and to keep evolving in our practice, so demonstrating a change agent attitude.
The successful candidate must have a secure knowledge of teaching and learning and a track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in facilitating targeted learning, through a differentiated, inclusive classroom, with independent, student-led learning being at the heart of all that they do.
The successful candidate will be able to model outstanding planning and teaching and learning strategies, with an understanding of priorities to move to enable all students to make progress from their starting points. The successful candidate will be willing to motivate others and to be able to work collaboratively in a team.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with our core values of excellence, integrity, passion, respect, and collaboration and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- Planning, Preparation, Teaching and Lesson Management:
- Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve outstanding progression of learning through:
- Creating a climate that is conducive to outstanding learning and teaching
- Planning collaboratively with grade group colleagues within the framework set by the school, ensuring coverage of programs of study.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and success criteria and specifying how they will be taught and assessed. Making effective use of assessment.
- Setting tasks that challenge students and ensure high levels of interest;
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations and clear targets which build on prior attainment;
- Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge.
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need
- Safeguard students’ health and safety both when are authorized to be on the school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- Maintaining discipline by ABO’s procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and homework;
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness;
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
- Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, and Reporting
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- Mark and monitor students' work and set targets for progress and keep records to check work, inform planning, and recognize the level at which the student is achieving;
- Assess students as requested in line with ABO procedures.
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents and other professionals as requested.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals they apply to our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance
Aldar Charter School - Abdulla Bin Otaiba Campus
Abdulla Bin Otaiba School has now been open 4 years, it follows the US (AERO) Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with @ 1550 students.