- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Housing provided
- Annual economy airfare for self to and from home country
- Medical Insurance
- End-of -Service Gratuity
ISP-J seeks an experienced, dynamic School Librarian starting immediately. The ideal candidate will support our school’s mission, goals, and vision; value community; bring a spirit of enthusiasm, energy, and willingness to take thoughtful initiative in a collaborative setting. We are looking for applicants who are independent, creative, and who can design and develop library programs that inspire curiosity, inquiry and a life-long love of reading.
Reports: Division Principal
Interfaces With: Students, Faculty, Staff, Parents, Divisional Offices
- Implement a comprehensive information literacy curriculum at IPS-J:
- Design and teach integrated research skills and provide reading support for struggling readers
- Collaborate with teachers to teach project-based research skills and develop curriculum using 21st century skills that incorporate the use of information literacy and technology
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers and skillful researchers
- Support and participate in a professional learning community.Create a joyful, vibrant and welcoming library environment for students and staff
- Understand the needs of and enjoy working with students grades 1 – 12
- Promote a lifelong love of reading and a robust reading culture through regularlyscheduled book clubs, book talks, mock Newbery Awards, displays, etc.
- Ensure the library collection represents a diverse and multicultural range of authors and topics while at the same time screen books for cultural sensitive materials
- Be a proactive Librarian
- Develop and maintain library curriculum, scope and sequence
- Oversee the maintenance of the library’s collection (print and online), including circulation, collection development, inventory, and evaluation
- Play an active role in special events such as book fairs and author visits
- Assisting students and staff to access and use resources
- Collaborating with teaching and library staff to support inquiry learning and literacy programs, for example:
- consulting with teaching staff about the reading needs of their students
- helping individual students to find books to engage their interest, and
- supporting students as readers.
Management responsibilities include:
- Developing the library's online presence
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the library
- Managing, developing and training library assistants, teacher aides, student librarians and volunteers
- Planning and managing the library budget
- Developing and managing the collection in consultation with staff and students
- Arranging displays and promotional events to encourage people to use the library
- Managing the integrated library system
- Maintaining an up-to-date procedures or operations file
- Reporting to school management and Director-General
- Liaising and networking with external agencies and support groups.
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.