Elementary School Counselor
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Psychology/Social Science/Counselling
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Must be a licensed Counselor with a bachelor degree in Psychology, Social Sciences or related field or Masters in Guidance and/or Counseling
- 5+ years of experience in counseling ES students and classroom teaching
- Bilingual speaker (English & Arabic) preferred
- Possess a vast “toolbox” of successful interventions for students
- Deep understanding of student developmental stages and needs.
- Trained in Counseling micro-skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make complex decisions
- High level of organizational skill and ability to adhere to processes (notetaking, ephemeral & case notes)
- Preferably Mental Health First Aid or ASSIST training
- Student advocate and ability to follow student protection procedures.
- Knowledge of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) or valid therapeutic intervention
- Prioritizes confidentiality.
- Salary: According to the required qualifications and experience for the position
- Vacation: As per the school calendar
- Training: Provided. We have an extensive professional development budget
- We provide airline tickets to and from the home of record at the start, annual summer leave, and, at the end of the contract
- Health Insurance: Provided. International, worldwide coverage
- Relocation (baggage) Allowance: Reimbursed up to ~$1300 USD approx. at the start and end of contract against presentation of receipts
- Document Authentication and Visa Expenses: Reimbursed ~$1000 USD approx. against the presentation of receipts
- Other Allowances: Settling in allowance ~650 USD approx; local prepaid SIM card to the value of 15 USD approx. is handed to the employee upon arrival
- End of service gratuity: Yes, paid upon completion of the contract.
Seeking an Elementary School Counselor
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.
Licensed teachers can teach in Kuwait's private international schools for the chance to experience life in the Middle East while earning an excellent salary and benefits. Hot and sunny year-round, Kuwait's welcoming residents and beautiful weather make for an incredible experience teaching overseas.