Elementary School Homeroom Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Knowledge of Backward Design curriculum development
- Develop themed units that are engaging, relevant, and foster independent learners
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Familiar with teaching STEAM principles/concepts
- Incorporate effective teaching/instructional models for the inclusive classroom
- Able to start in January
- Housing provided
- Annual economy ticket for self to and from home country
- Medical Insurance
- End of Service Gratuity
The Homeroom Teacher is responsible for instructing students at IPS-J Elementary school from grades K-5. The successful candidate instructs students on subjects such as science, literature, and math, and creates a well-rounded, comprehensive instructional program.
We are looking to hire a dedicated Homeroom Teacher to educate, inspire, and motivate our students. The Homeroom Teacher will support the IPS-J philosophy of education and provide lessons that meet students' academic needs, interests and capabilities. The candidate will take precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities, and keep accurate records in compliance with relevant laws, policies and regulations.
To ensure success the candidate will have the ability to form interpersonal relationships with all our students and take an interest in their general well-being. Top candidates are caring, perceptive and proficient when working with children.
Elementary School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Meeting with students and parents to discuss education-related issues, and attending staff meetings
- Establishing a developmentally appropriate, positive, inclusive and safe learning environment that is conducive to learning
- Advancing positive interpersonal relationships with coworkers, administrators, parents, and students
- Communicating proficiently with students
- Implementing curriculum based on Common Core Standards
- Preparing for assigned classes and providing lessons at designated times
- Integrating suitable use of technology
- Administering tests following IPS-J testing protocol and providing progress reports
- Determining and supporting standards of classroom behavior, and upholding district-adopted discipline policies
- Planning and supervising assignments and activities for student teachers, teacher assistants, and volunteers as required
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.