Elementary School Standard Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in the relevant subject area
- Teaching Credential/License
- At least 5 years of teaching experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a curriculum and instruction position
- Experience with backward design and authentic assessment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in the relevant subject area
- High level of English proficiency
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and an international mindset
- Previous experience in an international school is desirable
- Experience in Standards-Based Grading, Universal Design for Learning, and Blended Learning are highly desirable.
- Airfare ticket, for staff and dependents, Private Health and Life Insurance
- Annual Incentive allowance provided at the beginning of the school year
- $ 2,500 Shipping Allowance upon arrival and departure
- $ 1,000 Relocation Allowance upon arrival
To inspire and challenge every learner to reach their full potential and become curious, independent, and compassionate citizens of the world.
Our Core Values:
- Commitment to Excellence - We tackle challenges willingly and persevere to succeed.
- Compassion and Integrity - We care for, respect, and value one another
- Strength in Diversity - We embrace our differences, enrich our community, and make meaningful connections, ensuring our global mindedness.
- Innovative Spirit - We are creative and curious learners, empowered to adapt to a rapidly changing world.
- Lasting Impact - We contribute to a sustainable future by taking care of our planet and leaving our environment better than we found it.
Our Definition of Learning:
- Learning is a journey of authentic discovery to develop understanding, skills, and character. This includes four principles:
- Learning is Iterative - We learn through our mistakes, providing us opportunities to be creative and find solutions.
- Learning is Exciting - We learn when we are inspired, challenged, and active.
- Learning is Meaningful - We learn and grow when we apply our knowledge, skills, and understandings to real-world situations.
- Learning is Social - We learn through sharing, interacting, and collaborating
Reports to: Division Principal or designee
Collaborates closely with Vice Principals, Head of Department, Instructional Coach, K-12 Coordinators and Specialists, and other colleagues as appropriate.
Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
Planning, Curriculum, and Organizational Responsibilities: Create, evaluate, and update curriculum maps for all core subjects and units. Apply research and data to improve the content, sequence, and outcomes of the teaching-learning process. Supervise the administration and analysis of school assessments; including diagnostic assessments and common assessments for end-of-units. Work with appropriate staff to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on systematic review and analysis. Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to examine curriculum and instruction program effectiveness.
Professional Development Expectations: Facilitate and guide monthly subject meetings, for each core subject area (math, sci/ss, writing, reading, Spanish). To:
- coordinate the review, development, and revision of all subject area programs and related curriculum documents and materials, including curriculum guides, course outlines, and teaching plans.
- provide small learning opportunities to guide teachers to become leaders in that subject area.
- organize professional development; including; workshops, instructional rounds, lesson study, teacher induction, and data conversations.
Instructional Expectations: Work cooperatively with campus administrators in developing and supervising the instructional program. Involve instructional staff in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs. Coordinate instructional planning with Learning Support and EAL. Provide coaching to model and empower strong instructional practices.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Passion for working with and appreciation of International and diverse students and educators
- Deep dedication to continual growth and development
- A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice-related education
- Eagerness to collaborate with colleagues
- A willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and committed to the unique nature of working in an international school
- Organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing authentic units and assessments using a backward design model
- A high degree of professionalism
- Commitment to participating in the whole school experience including embodying our core values, mission, and definition of learning.
We are recognized as a leader in international education, offering world-class opportunities for students from Pre-K (3yr olds) to 12th Grade.
ISP operates under the license of the Ministry of Education of Panama and is accredited by Cognia. As an authorized IB World School, we offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme & Certificates, for students in grades 11 and 12. In addition, we offer a unique Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate and AdvancED certified STEM programs.
Building on a strong foundation and vision, ISP continues its forward-thinking tradition, always striving to improve teaching and learning in state-of-the-art facilities, while remaining true to the bold and fearless vision of our founders, to offer a forward-thinking world-class education in Panama.
At the International School of Panama, we embrace learning as a lifelong adventure, we are conscientious inquirers with a pioneering spirit, and we are courageous individuals who are unafraid to stand out. We believe in community, and in creating friendships that last for a lifetime.