- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- High Energy and a Kind Presence
- Native English speaker with a passport from one of the following countries: Canada, USA
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Communication skills
- Positive Attitude, Mature Outlook, Responsible, Dependable, Integrity, Teamwork
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Housing allowance of 300$ included in the salary
- Full airfare reimbursement at the completion of contract
- Holidays 2 weeks in July, 2 weeks in December, 6 annual days of sick leave
- Up to 23 Public Holidays per year paid for
- Breakfast and Lunch Provided at School
Learning Jungle International School is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Teacher for its growing elementary (Gr. 1 – 6) campus in Phnom Penh. The school follows the Canadian School Curriculum.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the children
- Plan, develop, conduct and monitor courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum keeping in view the individual learning needs of the children
- Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
- Prepare, administer and correct tests
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
- Assign and correct homework
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and school Management team. Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
- Establishing and maintaining a warm supportive relationship with the families of the children
- Develop course materials and curriculum content
- Keeping accurate and current, the records as required by the School
- Attending weekly meetings and professional development and Parent-Teacher meetings as requested
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Being responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the School
- Establish and maintain a warm supportive relationship with families of the children
- Perform other tasks requested
- 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Mon – Fri, includes ample prep time. School year: January – December
Start Date: Ongoing
About Learning Jungle International School
Learning Jungle International School, provides education using the Canadian elementary school curriculum for children in the 6 - 12y age group. The Elementary School campus has several classrooms, a large gymnasium, a swimming pool, well-equipped library with computers. Entire premises is air-conditioned
About Cambodia (Place and Cost of Living)
Traveling and working in a new country is different, but we will meet you at the airport and make sure that your accommodation needs are met right from day one. With breakfast and lunch covered when school is open, the food expenses for teachers are relatively low. An average meal costs $2.50. Furthermore, with a generous number paid of public holidays (up to 23), combined with 18 days of paid vacation, teachers can look forward to exploring this beautiful country and its peoples in their free time
Cambodia is a tropical country blessed with year-round warm weather, fine beaches (Phnom Penh is not far from the sea) and friendly folk and relatively low cost of living. International visitors to Cambodia all come back home with great memories and a life-changing experience
Learning Jungle International School is a proud provider of quality education and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Guided by our centre policies and procedures that are rigorously implemented, our centres provide the highest Canadian standards of quality education and a learning environment that continually exceed the most stringent requirements of local legislation.
All Learning Jungle Schools are licensed and monitored by the local authority responsible for enforcing legislation for schools and learning centres. This ensures that our centres comply with very specific rules and regulations from the local Public Health, Fire Department, Department of Education and Children's Services.
The teachers at Learning Jungle School meet and often exceed the necessary qualifications required; with each room having a qualified E.C.E. (Early Childhood Educator) or teacher with a Bachelor of Education. We actively support and encourage professional growth for all our staff.
In addition to our high standards reflected in our teachers, centre environment, programming and services, we are distinct from other elementary schools and early learning centres through our commitment to delivering a differentiated parent involvement experience supported by our technology. In a Learning Jungle School, parents are always "In touch, Never away and Always connected", providing the constant assurance and confidence that their child is being taken good care of.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.