Elementary Teacher - Brazil
- Elementary, Middle School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Valid U.S. teaching certificate and deemed highly qualified (preferably in K-8 or 6-8 English Language Arts)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Two-year commitment and prior overseas teaching experience preferred
- Highly competitive annual salary between 136,000 - 140,000 REAL paid monthly in 13 installments (Two installments paid in December)
- Housing allowance
- Travel expenses
- Comprehensive health
Welcome to an educational experience that encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project-based student-centered learning experience, unique in-school, and online environments with 24/7 live access to educators.
WAY American School provides young people with a world-class education and the tools for success in life after graduating with an American high school diploma. WAY American School is changing the way students are being taught, by embracing the way they already learn.
WAY American School is a network of AdvancEd accredited schools throughout Brazil. We offer an exemplary educational experience and open a world of opportunity for our students. WAY American School continues to grow in size and impact and we are always looking for great people to join our team.
Purpose of Job:
An expert is a certified teacher in a specific content area and is in charge of creating engaging projects and learning opportunities for students. They work with a cohort of students as a part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure academic growth and development. Our school is a school within a school, the exact location and schedule depend on new openings, you can see our locations below.
In Brazil, we're partnered with private schools and have classrooms within the school. Our school works as an after-school program and teachers typically teach multiple 2-hour classes in the afternoon. Teachers co-teach with a Brazilian teaching assistant. Teachers have designated time for lesson planning, collaborating with other staff, grading, meetings, etc. Teachers use an online curriculum to design classroom instruction, group work, and language instruction. The online curriculum is aligned to U.S. national standards such as Common Core and C3 Framework.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WAY American School is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No WAY American School employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.
- Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Asa Norte, Brasília, Brazil
- Taguatinga, Brasília, Brazil
- Curitiba, Brazil
- Goiânia, Brazil
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Recife, Brazil
- São Paulo, Brazil
- Belem, Brazil
- Rio, Brazil
In addition to January 2020, we have vacancies commending in June and July 2020.
Upon hire and obtaining a work visa, candidates will need to provide the following documents:
- University Diploma (Notarized and apostille)
- Letter of Employment: One or more letters from former employers that demonstrate the candidate (teacher) has at least 02 years of former job experience in the position he/she will hold in Brazil. Note that only jobs held after graduation (undergraduate) from university count. The letter(s) must state the position held, for what period and must also contain:
- The employer’s name and full address, Be printed on the institution’s letterhead, Contain a rubber or haut relieve stamp (Notary stamp), and be signed by an authorized official from the institution. (apostille)
- Questionnaire (does not have to be notarized/apostilled)
- Passport: Copy of the identification pages (pages containing a photo, full name, and number) of valid US passport. (does not need apostille)
- Federal Background Check: Complete Background check or police report.
- Birth Certificate (original)
Teach in Brazil for an opportunity to experience South American culture while teaching English in international schools. Boasting a multicultural population, modern cities, and over nine thousand kilometers of beaches, working in Brazil is a unique way to explore the tropics.