English (ESL) Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- Candidates with an Associate's Degree must have a TEFL, otherwise you must have a Bachelor's degree
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on experience
- Visa & Work Permit: Support and assistance provided by school
- Teaching Hours: Guaranteed minimum 20hr/wk (no maximum, teach more, earn more!)
- Airport Pickup: Provided for free
- Orientation & TEFL Certification: Provided for free
- Training Accommodation: Provided for free
- Interest Free Start-up Loan: $30,000 NT
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Contract completion bonuses: Yes
- Performance Raises: Yes
- Holidays & Vacation: 14 Vacation Days, all National Holidays, and extended annual leave
- Chinese classes: Discounted on-line classes
- Support staff: Fully bilingual support staff to help with immigration, housing, legal documents, and other important transition events
- Opportunities for Advancement: Yes
Whether you are a recent University graduate looking for an international experience or an experienced educator, we have a position for you! We are looking for fun, energetic, creative, responsible and adaptable individuals who possess a positive attitude and the desire to develop as a teacher. No TEFL or experience? Not a problem! HESS provides full training for all incoming teachers, so even newbies can enter the classroom feeling confident and well-prepared.
We have an in-house Curriculum Development team that creates and publishes all our materials so you can focus your energy on helping students develop their English, rather than worrying about what topics to teach. Although a set curriculum is provided, there are still plenty of opportunities for teachers to be creative and develop their unique teaching style. HESS teachers enjoy the interactive, activity-based lessons just as much as the students.
With over 35 years of experience providing English education in Asia, HESS prides itself on being a culturally diverse teaching environment where both western and eastern management teams work together. We are always looking to invest in the professional advancement of our teachers and offer various opportunities for future growth with clear paths to promotion and career development.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Deliver lessons based on existing curriculum
- Set specific teaching objectives, content, structure, and lesson plans to match needs of classes and individual students
- Serve as a role-model for student behavior, attitudes, and learning
- Help students develop and understanding of different cultures and languages
With more than 30 years of experience, we have refined our selection and training process to put only the very best teachers in our classrooms. At HESS, there is a symbiotic relationship between teaching and curriculum development. The people who write our materials also teach students and train other teachers with them. Being both an education and publishing company ensures that our teachers use the best methods to teach the most effective materials. We also recognize the inseparable relationship between reading and education, and through our bookstores, we support our students, parents, and the public at large with our education philosophy beyond the classroom.
Our programs include all-English and bilingual preschools, two streams of elementary school (one each for those who have and have not learned English in preschool), junior high school, an excellent e-learning platform, adult and corporate education programs, overseas study tours, and services supporting the arrangement of long-term overseas study placements.
In all of these programs, our main field of excellence remains English language education. However, we teach more than just English. In our preschools, children learn a wide variety of skills and knowledge, thoroughly preparing them for public school. In our elementary and junior high schools, we also support our students with courses in other subjects such as Chinese, math, and science, helping them to become well-rounded and successful students. In addition to the excellent business and conversational English courses we offer to adults, there is also the opportunity to learn French and Japanese at this level.
Teaching abroad in Taiwan offers an opportunity for teachers to gain international teaching experience, as well as opportunities for exceptional travel. A heavily populated island nation southeast of mainland China, Taiwan is home to 23 million people. Known for IT manufacturing, Taiwan is also home to spectacular sights such as the Taroko Gorge. For more information on what it's like to teach in Taiwan, read more here.