- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, High School
- University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- Any subject
- Native-level English speaker
- Citizen of a country where English is the official language/ Hold a C2 certificate or equivalent
- Applications accepted from candidates aged 18 to 60
- University degree in any subject
- 15/16 teaching hours per week in 4 consecutive teaching days
- Placement and monthly stipend (€1,000 in Madrid and €875 in Murcia)
- Certificate of completion at the end of the program (issued by the school)
- Pre-departure assistance (e.g., help with visa process and bank account opening)
- ConversaSpain Exclusive Online Platform
- Welcome Booklet: instructions in English to process legal documents, practical information, tips, recommendations for accommodation, etc.
- Help with the police registration process
- Ongoing support while in Spain
- Induction Meeting in the assigned region: orientation, teaching workshops, and meeting with other participants
Do you want to teach English in Spain next academic year? Become a Language and Cultural ambassador with ConversaSpain, which currently works with more than 300 public schools in Madrid or Murcia. This program will provide participants with support moving to Spain, health coverage, initial training, and advice for every day practical non-school-related matters.
- Deadline: ASAP
- Program length: October to the end of May/June
The conditions for the Auxiliares de Conversacion are different depending on the region participants choose:
Teach in Madrid
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- €1,000 monthly stipend
- Mostly rural and pueblo locations
Teach in Murcia
- 15 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days
- €875 monthly stipend
- Anywhere in the region of Murcia
Meddeas, a Spanish organization renowned for cooperating with private schools in Spain, has developed ConversaSpain, a spin-off with its dedicated team and brand. The corresponding regional Education Authority is in charge of the placements and of any school-related matters.
The Role of an Auxiliar de Conversacion in Spain
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role; thus, they aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement 8 to 10 weeks before starting at the school. Age-group and location preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
For other packages, TEFL options and fees, please submit your application
Experience the excitement of Madrid, the beauty of Barcelona, or the Islamic influences in Andalusia. Known for its relaxed lifestyle and friendly residents, Spain is a highly sought-after destinations for many teachers who want to teach abroad in Europe.