English Teacher's Assistant
- University Graduate
- High School Diploma
- Diploma or equivalent training
- Good levels of written and spoken English or Arabic (as needed), knowledge in a second language is preferable
- Ability to work with children
To be discussed during the interview.
- To support the homeroom teacher or the specialist teacher in the classroom with the learning activities and classroom management as directed by the teacher.
- To work with individual or small groups of students as directed by the class teacher and subject teachers.
- To be proactive with the learning and in conjunction with the class teacher, be ready to change strategy or approach as needed to facilitate learning.
- To contribute to the well-being of the students in terms of physical, emotional, and social needs.
- Escort the students with the lead teacher to the different facilities during the school day such as the cafeteria, the lecture hall, and the outdoor yards, and monitor the students under the supervision of the teacher.
- To help students complete a certain task e.g. zipping the bag, handing a tissue paper, lining up.
- Escort the child to the nurse and bus.
- To support staff with minor admin tasks when not directly working with students, for example in non-contact time E.g. photocopying, file, complete records, laminating, cutting, decorating bulletin boards
- To help decorate the bulletin boards during school events.
- To prepare and store general resources required for year groups.
- To accompany students on school trips where appropriate and ensure to follow school policy regarding reading, understanding, and following the trip documentation.
- Supervise students during breaks (including before and after school).
- Carry out any other tasks of a similar nature as directed by the Class Teacher, including being flexible to support in other classes or areas of the school as and when required.
- Perform other duties requested by the school management team (Supervisor, curriculum coordinator, PYP coordinator, and primary principal).
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 to establish a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st-century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions regularly. We hope that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. To help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
We hope to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.