- Early Childhood
- ESL Instructor
- Patient, hardworking and passionate in teaching young learners
- Creative and has a good sense of humour
- Excellent salary: 17,000 – 21,000 RMB per month (based on qualifications and teaching ability)
- 2 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival
- Continuous living support form our dedicated support team
- Legal Z work visa provided
- Visa document reimbursement
- Health insurance provided
- Contract completion bonus of up to one month’s salary
- 30 days national and school holidays annually
- 5 days paid personal leave annually plus unpaid personal leave available
- Free Mandarin lessons
- Real possibility to receive multiple raises within the first year
- Career development opportunities
- Professional pre-job training and extensive on-the-job training provided
Adventure Starts Here!
Are you looking to drop your boring 9-5 routine and find a career on the road? Wish you could travel more and save money while doing it? At Giraffe we offer an opportunity to start your adventure abroad and make a positive impact on kids lives at the same time. This is an opportunity for passionate adaptable people that want to have fun while working.
Community Starts Here!
Over our past 10 years in Shanghai we have developed a community atmosphere amongst our staff. With teachers from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, & the US we have become a diverse family and made lifelong friends. Living in Shanghai means there's always something fun to do and working at Giraffe means you always have people to do it with.
We love to travel! With a relaxed working schedule, you will have plenty of time to live out your dream vacations.
Teaching Starts Here!
Whether you have years of experience or this is your first time teaching we can help you develop professionally. When you first join the Giraffe team we get you up to speed with a personalized training process that is designed to get you comfortable with the curriculum before taking your own classes. We also offer ongoing training to help you develop into the best teacher you can be.
In addition to our primary classroom based courses we have created other courses like Speak Up, Write On, and Inspired Learning. These courses focuses on public speaking, drama, creative writing and other real world English experiences. Whatever your interests are as a teacher, Giraffe can offer you the opportunity to use your creativity in a productive way.
- 13-16 teaching hours per week
- 30-hour work week including teaching hours
- Lesson planning for students 3-12 years old
- Participate in events and special activities based on Western holidays (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
- Attend trainings and meetings
- Weekend classes with days off during the week
Giraffe English was established in Taiwan in 1986. Currently Giraffe English boasts over 700 schools across Taiwan, and in 2009 Giraffe opened its first doors in Shanghai. Now, Giraffe has expanded to over 140 schools across Mainland China with Shanghai being the flagship school for Mainland China. The Shanghai flagship school continually strives to incorporate new educational and management concepts.
Giraffe English teaches students 3 to 12 years old, and given the age of our students, our mission extends beyond teaching English. We at Giraffe believe that we must not only be effective teachers of English, but work to help create an environment where students can work and learn collaboratively.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.