Grade 4 Homeroom Teacher
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
Police background check.
- Salary free from local taxes
- The school will match 5%, contributed by the teacher, with 5% contributed by the school to a retirement mutual fund selected by the teacher in a particular fund group.
- $2,000 per family (you make arrangements). Additional $400 per dependent. Paid again upon successful completion of a contract (including possible extensions).
- International health insurance, including dental
- Retirement benefit - The school will match 5%, contributed by the teacher, with 5% contributed by the school to a retirement mutual fund selected by the teacher in a particular fund group.
- Relocation allowance of approximately $400 on arrival
- $10,000 interest-free car loan
This position is for a Grade 4 classroom teacher.
The American School of Douala has served the international and Cameroonian communities in Douala since 1978! ASD is located in the port city of Douala in the south of Cameroon in West Africa. Our school mission states: We are an international community of learners who are acquiring the skills needed to positively impact a rapidly changing world. At ASD our guiding values are: Global Citizenship, Critical Thinking, curiosity, Confidence, Self-Awareness, Creativity, Resilience, and Risk Taking
We are a non-profit, independent school, supported by the US State Department. Our community consists of 175 students ranging from Prek2 - To grade 12. We are accredited by Middle States Association. Teacher housing includes 2-3 bedroom apartments within a 10 minute walk to school. The school and housing are located in a great neighborhood with restaurants, cafes, supermarkets, and shops.
Founded in 1978, the American School of Douala (ASD) is an independent, private international school, which provides an English language educational program from preschool through twelfth grade. Our school population is approximately 180 students.
The American School of Douala is committed to the development of the whole child, intellectually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our school mission states: We are an international community of learners who are acquiring the skills needed to positively impact a rapidly changing world. At ASD we value Global Citizenship, Critical Thinking, curiosity, Self-Awareness, Creativity, Risk Taking, Confidence, and Resilience.
Our academic year is divided into four quarters with each quarter having about forty-five days. The total number of student days is approximately 180 days. We are accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA), a member of the Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA), and are a US State Department-assisted school.
Programs are designed to encourage an expressive, creative approach to learning. Art and drama projects are taught by specialist teachers and may also be part of regular classroom instruction. Extracurricular activities, such as music, yearbook, dance, cooking, Tae Kwon Do, sports, games, computers, and others further enrich and extend students’ creative talents.
A culturally diverse student body and faculty, with over 20 nationalities, promote cross-cultural relations and exchanges, which enrich and expand global sensitivity and perspective. This global awareness among the student body encourages the development of responsible, caring citizens.