Head of School
- 3 years of teaching experience
- School Leadership
- Teaching Credential/License
- $1,500 annual travel stipend
- Free housing on campus
- The Head of School (HOS) supervises three principals (one for each division) and is responsible for the overall academic program.
- The HOS works closely with the Managing Director, who is the local counterpart responsible for facilities and all non-teaching local support staff.
- The HOS hires all faculty, creates the master school schedule, creates the yearly calendar, oversees orientation, evaluates administration, leads the school in all accreditation matters, leads the school in fulfilling the schoolwide action plan and new initiatives, communicates with all stakeholders throughout the year, and has myriad other duties and responsibilities.
Ayeyarwaddy International School opened in 2012/13 with approximately 400 students from preschool to Grade 8. We currently have over 1,000 students. For the next school year (2021/22), we will have approximately 1,000+ students from preschool to Grade 12. We are fully accredited by WASC and members of EARCOS. We are a dynamic, fast-growing, and positive community. The teachers who do best here are the ones who devote themselves to their students, who commit to the mission of the school, and who go outside of the school to connect with the host culture.
Myanmar’s charm lies in exploring the largely unseen. Teachers seeking the spiritual and serene will find no shortage of historical sites, temples, and pagodas. Teach in Myanmar and blaze a trail rich with new discoveries.