High School Counselor
- High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Counseling, Education
Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Masters Degree in counseling preferred
- Two to five year's counseling experience in an educational setting
- Housing provided
- Annual economy airfare for self to and from home country
- Medical Insurance
- End of Year Gratuity
Reports: Division Principal
Interfaces With: Students, Faculty, Staff, Parents, Divisional Offices
Job Classification: Overseas or Local Hire
ISP-J seeks an experienced, dynamic High School Counselor. The ideal candidate will support our school’s mission, goals, and vision; value community; bring a spirit of enthusiasm, energy, and willingness to take thoughtful initiative in a collaborative setting.
To maximize each student’s potential through the implementation of a comprehensive program that fosters the competencies leading to lifelong success including personal, social growth, academic skills.
- Establish a proactive, counseling program that actively involves students, teachers and parents
- Develop, document and implement counseling curriculum
- Provide direct support services for students, teachers and parents including individual, small and large group meetings/conferences
- Oversee student learning support services for students, teachers and parents for High School. This involves handling referrals from teachers; coordinating Student Review Team meetings; recommending and facilitating educational or psychological testing; recommending possible classroom modifications where appropriate, and maintaining communication with students, teachers and parents throughout any referral process
- Provide transitional programs for students, parents and faculty
- Proactively establish and maintain a positive rapport with students, teachers and parents to enhance student learning through classroom visits, participation in student activities and visibility at activities and around the school
- Maintain and share a database of community service resources for addressing student needs
- Maintain confidential files on applicable students and appropriate confidentiality in all matters pertaining to student and faculty counseling issues
- Oversee external testing and facilitate analysis, feedback and summary of test results to support student learning
- Participate as a member of the sectional admissions team
- Collaborate with the sectional principal on scheduling, course selections and student placements
- Engage with the administration in a committed effort to improve one’s own instructional skills
- Openly support and abide by all school policies and procedures
- Model the ‘Core Values’ in interactions with the school community
- Liaise with the Principal, taking on tasks as assigned, including all school goals
- Demonstrate commitment to personal continuous professional growth and development
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Exhibit a professional attitude toward criticism
- Recognize and strengthen personal performance through self-analysis of actions, participating in professional development activities, exploring educational research, participating in professional organizations, and through formal renewal programs
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.