High School English & Humanities Teacher
Guangdong Guangya High School is seeking an English & Humanities Teacher to join our community!
The Guangdong Guangya High School, in partnership with Tower Bridge International Education, is seeking an experienced English & Humanities teacher to join our growing international education team.
Our teachers are globally understanding, proactively respond to and serve all students, understand and appreciate their role as mentors, embrace learning inside and outside of the classroom, are experts in their respective fields, and understand the importance of character and values in education.
The Guangya international program is hosted on the main Guangya campus located in the Liwan District, where you can find a unique blend of Eastern and Western culture. Founded in 1888, Guangya is known as one of the top high schools in China. The word Guangya comes from the phrase: “广者大也，雅者正也”, which translates to “Cultivate Knowledge, Integrity, and Well-Being”. Guangya currently operates 4 campuses in and around Guangdong province and offers diverse international programming.
The Guangya International Program is focused on Grades 10-12 aged students. Teachers develop creative and engaging lesson plans delivered in a US style classroom. Lessons are academically rigorous and create a welcoming environment where students love to show up each day. The High School English & Humanities teacher will be able to deliver minimum English II and either US or World History. Teachers who can teach AP will be taken under special consideration.
Candidates should be comfortable designing and executing curriculum as part of a small teaching team. Those who are dynamic, highly collaborative, culturally adept and committed to professional growth will succeed in this role.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Design and administer a range of lesson materials and assessments that reflect an awareness of different learning styles and language skills
- Develop course work, materials and resources as directed by the academic leader
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents
- Cultivate integrity, achievement, curiosity, and respect in all students
- Collaborate with other international teachers and colleagues to establish a culture of professional, positive, hard-working educators that are dedicated to the growth of all students
- Teach an elective course and lead after school clubs
- Take part in and positively contribute to school events (concerts, holidays, sports, festivals)
- Value the diverse thoughts, perspectives, learning abilities and life experiences of students and colleagues
- Collaborate with colleagues to create programs (extracurricular, academic) that enhance the growth and learning of students
- Collaborate with counseling team to provide advice and counseling to students pursuing studies abroad
- Some weekend duties may be requested
|10 months (paid over 11 months)|
|Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty, University Graduate|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|