High School IB Physics & IB Chemistry Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 5 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in the relevant subject area
- Teaching Credential/License
- At least 5 years of experience in the relevant subject area or grade level
- Experience with backward design and authentic assessment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in the relevant subject area
- High level of English proficiency
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and an international mindset
- Previous experience in an international school is desirable
- Previous experience teaching IB Physics SL/HL and IB Chemistry SL/HL is highly desirable
- Experience in Standards-Based Grading, Universal Design for Learning, and Blended Learning are highly desirable.
- Airfare tickets, for staff and dependents
- Private Health and Life Insurance
- Annual Incentive allowance provided at the beginning of the school year
- $1,000 Shipping allowance upon arrival and departure
- $1,000 Relocation allowance
To inspire and challenge every learner to reach their full potential and become curious, independent, and compassionate citizens of the world.
Our Core Values:
- Commitment to Excellence - We tackle challenges willingly and persevere to succeed.
- Compassion and Integrity - We care for, respect, and value one another
- Strength in Diversity - We embrace our differences, enrich our community, and make meaningful connections, ensuring our global mindedness.
- Innovative Spirit - We are creative and curious learners, empowered to adapt to a rapidly changing world.
- Lasting Impact - We contribute to a sustainable future by taking care of our planet and leaving our environment better than we found it.
Our Definition of Learning:
- Learning is a journey of authentic discovery to develop understanding, skills, and character. This includes four principles:
- Learning is Iterative - We learn through our mistakes, providing us opportunities to be creative and find solutions.
- Learning is Exciting - We learn when we are inspired, challenged, and active.
- Learning is Meaningful - We learn and grow when we apply our knowledge, skills, and understandings to real-world situations.
- Learning is Social - We learn through sharing, interacting, and collaborating
Reports to: Division Principal or designee
Collaborates closely with Assistant Principals, Head of Department, Instructional Coach, K-12 Coordinators and Specialists, and other colleagues as appropriate.
Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
Classroom Responsibilities: To provide learning opportunities for every child relative to his needs, abilities, and stages of development establish effective relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognize the individuality of each child, ensure an effective and challenging learning environment, and ensure the classroom is an attractive and welcoming place.
Planning, Curriculum, and Organizational Responsibilities: To design authentic and meaningful units by starting with the end in mind. Use effective instructional strategies to make learning interactive, exciting, meaningful, and social. Develop and manage classroom resources. Provide students feedback to support their academic and social-emotional growth. Use standards to guide the evaluation of student work, and record results to provide an accurate assessment of student achievement.
Professional Development Expectations: To embrace a growth mindset by keeping up-to-date on best practices, engaging in teacher development opportunities, participating in in-service courses, attending professional meetings as scheduled by Leadership, seeking out and using feedback from coaches and administrators, and participating in the ISP professional learning cycle as outlined in the evaluation process.
Community Expectations: Engage with our ISP community by sharing updates on the progress and development of the students in the teacher’s care, as well as important events happening in the classroom. Find opportunities to meet with parents, caregivers, and guardians to discuss the progress and development of the students, and collaborate to support the child’s specific needs, interests, and passions. Connect with our larger community by attending PTA events, athletics events, and various student performances
What you bring
- Passion for working with and appreciation of International and diverse students
- Deep dedication to continual growth and development
- A commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice-related education
- Eagerness to collaborate with colleagues
- A willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and committed to the unique nature of working in an international school
- Organization, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Experience designing authentic units and assessments using a backward design model
- A high degree of professionalism
- Commitment to participating in the whole school experience including embodying our core values, mission, and definition of learning.
Advisory - At ISP HS, a robust student-centered advisory program is one of the key drivers of student culture. We are committed to seeking educators who have experience with and passion for advisory leadership and curriculum development.
Physics at ISP
Students are introduced to the laws of physics along with scientific methods and techniques which are needed for physics investigations. Student assessment is conducted both externally through written examination and internally by means of several required, as well as one self-designed, practical investigation. Such an investigation entails researching a scientific problem, writing an appropriate research question, collecting, processing, and evaluating data both qualitatively and quantitatively, and drawing conclusions.
Chemistry at ISP
Chemistry will give students a broad and comprehensive experience in the experimental subject of Chemistry, a science based on the use of the scientific method to answer questions about the composition, structure, and properties of all the things around them. Students will be required to explain chemical phenomena using precise language as well as quantitative descriptions. The course will also foster communication and cooperation amongst students in their scientific quests to better prepare them to be future members of the greater international scientific community.
We are recognized as a leader in international education, offering world-class opportunities for students from Pre-K (3yr olds) to 12th Grade.
ISP operates under the license of the Ministry of Education of Panama and is accredited by Cognia. As an authorized IB World School, we offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme & Certificates, for students in grades 11 and 12. In addition, we offer a unique Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate and AdvancED certified STEM programs.
Building on a strong foundation and vision, ISP continues its forward-thinking tradition, always striving to improve teaching and learning in state-of-the-art facilities, while remaining true to the bold and fearless vision of our founders, to offer a forward-thinking world-class education in Panama.
At the International School of Panama we embrace learning as a lifelong adventure, we are conscientious inquirers with a pioneering spirit, we are courageous individuals who are unafraid to stand out. We believe in community, and in creating friendships that last for a lifetime.
Teaching in Panama, owing to its great variety, can be as laid back or as exciting as you want to make it. Surrounded by turquoise ocean and filled with tons of natural terrain and bustling cityscapes to explore, the adventurous will be just as happy as those who like to lay back on the beach.