- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
- Health insurance offered.
- Full airfare for an economy ticket and airport pickup.
- Single housing offered
To be responsible to the principal or his designate for carrying out the educational, organizational, ethical, and professional responsibilities by directives from the principal, school policies, and the following guidelines:
A teacher at our school should be willing and able to:
- Contribute positively to the educational tone of the school and the development of positive working relationships with students, staff, and parents. In essence, to assist in building a sense of team amongst all stakeholders in the school community
- Interpret by their actions the mission & philosophy to students, staff, and parents.
- Show initiative, leadership, and responsibility in ensuring that all students are always safe at our school.
- Provide balanced, constructive, tempered feedback to the administration and staff committees to develop and support the quality of teaching and learning at our school.
- Sign in and out upon the set expectations of 8 hours a day.
- Advise the administration if the teacher needs to leave the school building during working hours OR if the teacher cannot attend class due to illness. Notice is required before the start of any missed classes.
- Share in generally supervising student behavior throughout the school (hallways, classrooms, playgrounds, gym, and library) during working hours.
- Show up on time and carry out responsibly their assigned, timetabled playground supervision duties and arrange for a substitution in the event the teacher cannot attend to the duty.
- Attend pertinent after-school meetings and activities.
- Accept, respect, and abide by our school Teachers’ Code of Ethics.
Individual Classroom Responsibilities
- A teacher at our school should be willing and able to:
- Assume full responsibility for the quality of teaching and learning for students in a specific grade, cycle, or subject area as specified in the teacher’s timetable. This includes, among others, the planning, delivery, and evaluation of lessons according to the curriculum.
- Develop safe, positive working relationships with students and their parents.
- Demonstrate and articulate high expectations for student learning.
- Plan teaching using our School Curriculum.
- Organize a daily or weekly plan briefly (in hard copy) outlining the teaching and learning activities for any given teaching day before the lesson is given and have it available in case of illness.
- Structure lessons to provide maximum opportunities for student engagement and accommodate students’ differences.
- Use resources appropriately to enhance teaching and learning.
- Focus on developing their teaching capabilities concerning the current school classroom observation proforma criteria.
- Provide an environment that allows students to view mistakes as an opportunity for learning.
- Consistently apply appropriate behavior management according to school policy.
- Take responsibility for the presentation of one classroom and adjacent bulletin board.
ICS is an environment where dedicated educators in partnership with parents and other stakeholders work collaboratively to support and challenge our students to become more successful, innovative individuals and effective team players.
ICS offers an American curriculum based on well-defined and internationally recognized American Education Standards while integrating relevant and meaningful international benchmarking and enrichment programs to guide curriculum, instruction, assessment, and extracurricular programs.
We fully consider ICS as a dynamic and interactive learning community, not only for students but for all members of the ICS community. Life-long learning is a keystone in ICS’s Guiding Statement, and it is significantly practiced throughout the school’s programs, events, and activities.
Our vision at ICS is to be internationally recognized and locally trusted. We strive to establish and maintain a community that inspires a passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions or explore possible opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs.
The ICS community embraces and nurtures its cultural diversity and multiculturalism. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration, and respect to achieve their common goals and support each other’s needs.