- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Masters in Early Childhood Educ, Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Educa
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11, and 12) attested by the Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas–hired and locally–hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fee - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical Insurance - medical insurance provided to visa holders only
The Section Coordinator will report to the Principal. A Section Coordinator is directly responsible for providing pastoral care (through the School Counsellor, homeroom, and classroom teachers) and academic supervision (through the Curriculum Coordinator and Heads of Department) to students in their assigned Section. They are also responsible (through the Principal) for maintaining high standards of professional conduct and curriculum delivery from teaching staff in their Section.
The Section Coordinator must be active in the provision of a positive, non-threatening learning environment where teachers can teach and students can learn.
Reports to: Principal
Responsible for: Staff and Students in the section
The Section Coordinator will provide leadership in the following dimensions:
The Pastoral Care of students in their Section by:
- maintaining daily contact with homeroom and/or classroom teachers about the well-being of students in their care
- acting in loco parentis demonstrating; fairness, cultural sensitivity, tolerance, and understanding in putting the needs of our students first
- meeting with parents to discuss a student’s ongoing problem of a social and/or academic nature
- Meet with troubled students to ascertain their problems and follow through with arrangements for ongoing assistance for students if necessary. This assistance may include the following:
- school counselor
- ESL or Special Needs teacher
- HS Principal
- homeroom teacher
- managing the placement of students to best benefit their learning
The Administration of academic affairs by:
- assisting and supporting the Curriculum Coordinator, the Heads of Departments, and the Principal in providing a high standard of curriculum and curriculum delivery to our students
- supporting the Principal (through Heads of Department) in directly monitoring teacher planning of homeroom and classroom teachers in their Section
- assisting and supporting the Examination process as directed by the HS Principal
- keeping an accurate tally of Behavioral Points for each student
- performing other duties as assigned
The Appraisal of homeroom and/or classroom teachers by:
- supporting the Principal in the informal and formal appraisal processes in place to ensure high standards of professionalism in the teaching staff for the benefit of all students at the school.
The Discipline of students by:
- being familiar with MOE regulations and SAIS policies as they relate to the code of student conduct and remaining fully in compliance with them.
- actively supporting the Assertive Discipline policy adopted in the school and if required to do so, deducting and/or apportioning Behavioral Points wisely and fairly.
- dealing with student disputes as they occur; adjudicating and advising wisely and fairly.
- taking preventive measures to avoid student infractions such as;
- looking for ways to praise good behavior
- organizing activities and events of interest to the vast majority of students and rewarding participation
- supporting a homeroom program designed to deal with issues about youth
Student misbehavior need only be referred to the HS Principal and/or the Principal for repeat offenses or an infraction by a student deemed to be both serious and injurious to themselves and/or others.
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.