KG Teacher - August 2023
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor's Degree in Education
- IB teaching experience is a plus
- Valid teacher's certificate
- Previous work experience with Interactive Boards, various educational technology applications, and manipulatives are required
- Tax free salary
- Health care
- Paid vacations
- External and internal professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
EGA's KG Teacher provides effective teaching and learning through inquiry-based lessons that incorporate clear learning objectives through differentiated instruction to students of mixed abilities.
- Teach all areas of the kindergarten/primary curriculum.
- Collaborate with the grade team to prepare annual/term/weekly plans in advance by the school’s learning outcomes.
- Share weekly plans with parents to keep them abreast with children’s education.
- Integrate technology as an instructional and teaching medium.
- Ensure a physically and emotionally safe environment for students through positive framing, kind communication with students and adults, and predictable, consistent routines;
- Use classroom and behavioral management strategies that are positive, structured, consistent, respectful, and responsive to student needs, to build a safe, orderly, inclusive, and positive classroom community;
- Effectively deliver course materials through class presentations, discussions, practical and field studies, and online, in cooperation with other members of the teaching staff.
- Use a wide array of data and assessments to make instructional choices and create specific action plans to increase student achievement including dynamic student grouping for small group instruction;
- Utilize an effective approach to behavior management, time management, classroom organization and appearance, planning, teaching, and monitoring learning;
- Demonstrate an understanding of inquiry and give students choices to show their understanding;
- Encourage students to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all students in activities;
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognize and reward achievement of self-reliance;
- Regularly monitor the progress of students, prepare report cards, and discuss results with students, parents, and management.
- Maintain individual student profiles that include all their work.
- Respect all deadlines set out by the IB Coordinator and the IB, and keep proper documentation.
- Participate in school meetings, conferences, training, and personal professional development.
- Take part in school events and activities that can be run at weekends or evenings.
- Develop and deliver education plans to individuals and small groups of students during the school hours
- Assist with a shortage of staff as directed by the School Principal as needed.
- Advise students on their personal development and further study options.
- Contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
- Contribute to supervision duties to ensure the safety and appropriate deportment of students as assigned by the School Principal.
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum and IB.
EGA is an IB PYP accredited school, an MYP Candidate, and a CIS member school that offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic, and Social Studies. As of the academic year 2022/2023, we provide schooling to Pre-KG to Grade 7 students, and we plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years.
EGA's education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus situated on a 60,000 square meter land plot in the Northside of Doha. As of the academic year 2022/2023, our enrollment is nearly 1,300 students; however, the school campus' total enrollment capacity is 3,500 students.