Learning Support Specialist
- Early Childhood, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Special Education (Inclusion)
- Teaching Credential/License
- Special Education Certificate
- Master's in Special Education (an advantage)
- 3+ years of experience working with Preschool or middle school students offering academic, social, emotional, and behavioral support
- Fluent English speaker
- Cooperative team player
- Patient, kind, and flexible
- Able to offer support, advice, and a variety of learning strategies to teachers
Due to visa restrictions, we are only considering single teachers with no dependents and/or teaching couples who qualify for vacant positions posted.
- Settling-in allowance of approx. US$ 650 at the start of the contract
- Baggage allowance of approx. US$ 1300 upon joining and at the end of the contract
- Bus transportation from/to school/school apartments
- International health insurance
- Local sim card upon arrival
- Professional development opportunities in and outside the country
- End of service indemnity
Learning Support Specialist (2 POSITIONS)
1 - Preschool
2 - Middle School
Al-Bayan Bilingual School was created with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. The school aims to foster an environment for students to develop the intellectual qualities, ethical values, and positive attitudes required for effective participation and leadership in the overall development of Kuwait and the rapidly changing world.
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.