- University Graduate, College/University Faculty, Librarian
- Other Certification
Minimum Qualifications: Diploma in Library studies / information or Bachelor of Library information / studies
Minimum Experience : 1 – 2 years of experience as a Librarian
- Developing and delivering ‘library information literacy’ sessions to ensure that students are able to find the resources they require whether books/magazines or on-line, enabling students to become independent and effective library users.
- Selecting and ordering new books appropriate to each section / Grade level and interests of the students, as well as the requirements from the teachers for resources to support the curriculum topics.
- Liaising with teachers to ensure that topic-related resources are distributed to the classrooms as and when required.
- Cataloguing all resources into the automated library system, ‘Destiny Follett’. All resources must be catalogued according to the Dewey system. Books must be labeled and covered.
- Maintaining the library data base – ensuring that records of all students and teachers are up to date.
- Following up overdue books from both students and teachers; receiving money for lost or damaged books; repairing damaged books.
- Maintaining an attractive library environment which caters for all students’ needs, to sit and read quietly or to carry out independent study.
- Promoting reading through attractive displays to encourage students to enjoy a wide range of literature to foster a love of books to become life-long readers. Keeping up to date with new releases to be able to recommend books to students.
- Arranging author visits.
- Arranging book fairs with local book shops.
- Running the ‘Book Club’ where students can order books from a catalogue, consolidate the order for the whole school and distribute books when they arrive.
- Signing books in and out and re-shelving the returned books.
- Liaising with teaching and non-teaching staff and responding to enquiries on matters within the postholder’s responsibility
- Complying with the requirements of health and safety, other relevant legislation and school policies
- Assisting with the development of policies and procedures
- Attending any necessary training associated with the duties of the post
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post
As Abu Dhabi’s largest and leading education provider, Aldar Education aims to be your first choice. Starting with one school and 250 students in 2007, we’ve grown into a highly sought-after education provider, supporting over 6,500 students across seven academies and one nursery in Abu Dhabi, and one in Al Ain. With schools independently ranked by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK), Aldar Education is the trusted name in educational excellence in UAE.
Working collaboratively, our education network’s purpose is to empower the next generation to shape our future, directly supporting the educational goals of Abu Dhabi’s government. Today, Aldar Education’s efforts are guided by the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030 plan, which aims to build a sustainable knowledge-based economy through premium education.
Our diverse and experienced executive team is dedicated to creating a better environment and experience for all students. Working with governing bodies such as the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge they guide our network of schools in our quest to develop our students and uphold our purpose, promise, and values.
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.