Male Upper Elementary PYP Homeroom Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Health Insurance
- Fully furnished housing
- Fixed Allowance paid annually
- Local Transportation Allowance
- Shipping Allowance
- Actively promote and model the Mission, Beliefs and Graduate Profile of IPS
- Determines with the relevant administrator appropriate learning objectives for the class, taking into account the school’s course of study and the assessed needs of the students
- Establish and maintain a positive, respectful and constructive relationship with students, parents and colleagues.
- Plans appropriate learning experiences for individual, group and class instruction
- Develop Unit plans in collaboration with colleagues and present to Curriculum Coordinator when required;
- Monitors student progress and evaluates the student’s achievement in relation to learning objectives
- Reports individual student's progress to parents and school personnel through the preparation of reports and/or of conferences
- Creates, a functional, safe, attractive and physically comfortable environment to the extent possible
- Maintains professional competence through participation in in-service educational activities provided by the school and/or self-elected professional growth activities
- Performs basic attendance accounting, record keeping and clerical services as assigned
- Assists in the selection and requisitioning of books, instructional aids and supplies to the extent possible.
- Establishes and maintains acceptable standards of students behavior
- Administers any school testing program required by the administration
- Participates in curriculum development, program planning, school evaluation processes, and other faculty committees as required by the school administration
- Shares in the sponsorship of student activities
- Plans and coordinates the work of aids, and teacher assistants where appropriate
- Works with colleagues, ancillary staff, parents and community agencies in matters of mutual concern
- Participates with the administration to develop a continuous improvement plan for both the individual teacher and the school
- Attend and participate in all faculty meetings and general student assemblies and evening and weekend programs as appropriate.
- Be available to accommodate parents and students seeking after school appointments. Attend all assigned parent conferences.
- Accept responsibility for extracurricular activities and provide 2 after school clubs per year.
The International Programs School in Al Khobar opened in 2000 with 19 students. To date, the school has an enrollment of more than 790 students representing over 35 different nationalities. IPS is a dynamic, gender-segregated, international school in KSA offering a North American curriculum. We are accredited by MSA and authorized by the Saudi Ministry of Education.
Our faculty is a mix of certified teachers from English speaking countries and Arabic teachers from the Middle East. Our core courses of study are aligned with North American standards and we pride ourselves in providing a top quality classroom environment for our students.
IPS is an IB World School offering the Primary Years Program (PYP) and the Diploma Program (DP).