Middle School English Language Arts Teacher
- Create lesson plans and modify throughout the year. Utilize various curriculum resources in planning
- Observe and evaluate student's performance through varied assessments
- Grade papers, tests and homework in a timely manner
- Maintain grade books, especially online
- Create a positive educational climate and manage student behavior in the classroom
- Communicate clearly in and out of the classroom with students and parents
- Attend staff meetings and professional development sessions
- Learn through observations of self and of peers
- Participate in school wide events such as the Charity Fundraiser, Sports Day, student recruitment, etc.
English Language Arts:
SMIC’s Chinese Track ELA program is an intensive, all-English bridge to improved vocabulary, reading comprehension, and composition skills. Its purpose is to prepare students for international school or overseas studies.
Facilitate intensive academic vocabulary development.
- Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure
- Develop a culture of reading through novel studies, and free reading of both classics and contemporary novels
- Help students interpret a variety of texts including literature, poetry, history, and science
- Develop students’ composition skills including narratives, research reports, literary analysis, and essays
- Equip students to learn through collaboration
|USD 2800 - 3800|
Qualifications and Requirements
|English, Education or Related|