Middle School English Teacher
- Middle School
- University Graduate
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 0 year of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
Candidates shall possess an Elementary teaching certification 1088-1083 or 1777 from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to instruct the necessary vacancies, or able to obtain an emergency license.
Candidates shall preferably possess a strong background in English and reading along with experience in adolescent students, a desire to work with students of this age, the ability to maintain a positive classroom environment, willingness to teach multiple content areas.
Health & Retirement, possible tuition reimbursement.
- Instruct, monitor and adjust teaching activities to assure student achievement with middle school students.
- Develop curriculum, plan and implement teaching strategies and collaborate with colleagues in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, and coworkers.
- Implement successful classroom management and trauma informed care techniques. Integrate Language and Culture.
- The successful candidate will provide tolerance, extend understanding, and nurturing to all students.
If you’re looking for a school district that truly cares about its students; one that offers strong educational programs and a variety of extra-curricular activities has an active and involved community, and integrates Menominee Indian language and culture into its daily activities, look no further than MISD.
Many good things are happening at MISD. A number of our schools have been honored in recent years by national and state organizations for outstanding focus and commitment to learning; solid academic test results; attendance programs; retention and graduation rates; and the list goes on and on.
Our students and teachers enjoy state-of-the-art technology, which vastly expands the ability to learn and grow. Our staff is highly educated and trained and is committed to teaching. Students have a wide range of advanced learning and college preparation opportunities. Music, band, clubs, and athletics are also offered. Of course, Menominee language and culture are woven into all that we do at our schools and activities.