Middle School Math Teacher
- Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Housing provided
- Annual economy ticket for self to and from home country
- Medical Insurance
- End-of-Service Gratuity
Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher with strong teaching abilities, an understanding of young adolescents' pedagogy and instructional practices in middle-level education, and an enthusiasm for connecting learning to real-life application. The IPS-J math teacher reports to the Section Principal and works closely with his/her grade level team. Candidates should be energetic and progressive-minded, with a willingness to work collaboratively with grade level and vertical teams.
- Planning of unit lessons and grade level curriculum
- Strong understanding and implementation of the California State Standards
- Support entrepreneurial endeavors
- Knowledge of content, pedagogy, and young adolescents development
- Design coherent instruction and student assessments
- Classroom management utilizing a school-wide positive behavior support model
- Create an environment of respect and rapport
- Establish a culture for learning
- Manage classroom procedures
- Manage student behavior
- Organize physical space that is conducive to learning
- Differentiated instruction to meet the needs of each student
- An interdisciplinary approach to instruction
- Use of varied teaching strategies
- Use of questioning and discussion techniques
- Engage students in learning
- Use of effective formative and summative assessment techniques
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness
- Use of technology in the classroom
- Student data analysis and portfolio maintenance
- Effective parent and community communication
- Continual professional development to keep up-to-date on curriculum developments and trends in the field of education
- Participation in decision-making
- Involvement in alignment committees and task-forces
- Performs other tasks, duties, and responsibilities as assigned by the Director/Section Principal
When you visit AL ITTIHAD PRIVATE SCHOOL (ISP-J) you will see a vibrant school community with exceptional educational professionals, recruited from around the world, who are committed to delivering a true American education in a local setting.
We belong to the Al Ittihad Private Schools and are considered the Flagship school. The first IPS school opened in Dubai 1978. Currently, we have a total of five schools in the UAE (Al Ain, Dubai, Abu Dhabi). Our branch, Al Ittihad Private School Jumeira, opened its doors in 1998 to meet the growing needs of Emirati students in Dubai; and now, 21 years later, IPS-J has become one of the premier Emirati schools in Dubai offering the American curriculum. We are located in the heart of Jumeirah and offer outstanding facilities that provide the best possible spaces for our committed teachers and coaches to inspire and adapt to the demands of the modern age while at the same time preserve our cultural heritage.
Technology, art, physical education, library, classroom and common spaces all communicate a message that learning is the core purpose and highly valued at IPS-J. With the support of the Board of Directors, the Leadership Team and the highly supportive parent community, IPS-J provides comprehensive programs and education
IPS-J serves over 2400 Emirati students from Pre-KG to grade 12. We are fully accredited by CIS and NEASC and rated as a “Good” school by KHDA.
Our core values of Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion guide our actions and promote a culture of inclusiveness and engagement. Our focus on student learning in a safe, secure environment ensures that each of our students is encouraged to reach his or her potential each day. We are fully committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff.