Middle School Math Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in Middle School
- Must have BA or BS in Mathematics
- Excellent oral and written English skills
Due to visa restrictions, we are only considering single teachers with no dependents and/or teaching couples who qualify for vacant positions posted.
- Settling-in allowance of approx. US$ 650 at the start of the contract
- Baggage allowance of approx. US$ 1300 upon joining and at the end of the contract
- Bus transportation from/to school/school apartments
- International health insurance
- Local sim card upon arrival
- Professional development opportunities in and outside the country
- End of service indemnity
- Ability to teach 6, 7, 8th grade math; general math or Pre-Algebra
- Teach 4 out of 7 period days (50 min. periods)
- 2 preparations; 2 sections of one-grade level math and 2 sections of another grade level math
- Common Core math curriculum
- Good classroom management skills
- Must like Middle School students; ability to build rapport with students
- Be a team player
- Ability to utilize IT to enhance curriculum or willingness to learn (We have an on-site IT coach)
- Instructional Coaches and HOD math on staff to assist
Al-Bayan Bilingual (BBS) was established in 1977 with a vision to prepare students for the world of today and the challenges of tomorrow. The school offers a bilingual program in which the Arabic and English languages carry equal emphasis and status, the goal of which is to bridge global progress with the traditional values of Arab culture. It is a private, non-profit, coeducational, day school from Pre-K through High School.
The mission describes the school as an “Arabic and English learning community nurturing compassionate and innovative students, leading sustainable change and progress in Kuwait and the global environment.”
BBS is a large school of 2400+ students operating four school divisions on its spacious and well-equipped campus in Kuwait. It features spacious learning spaces, four gymnasiums, a theater, clinics, media centers, Makerspaces, multipurpose rooms of various sizes, ten science laboratories, computer labs, a canteen, a mosque, and open-air sports facilities. The campus is WI-FI enabled to support the “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) program in Middle School and High School and the iPad program in Pre-School and Elementary School.
We are a vibrant learning community, nurturing our faculty and staff to grow and learn with our students. As the first and largest American curriculum bilingual school in Kuwait, accredited by CIS and NEASC, we have a rich and proud tradition of achieving outstanding outcomes for our students, most of whom go on to study in leading colleges and universities in the US, Canada, and the Middle East.
BBS is committed to building a community that is dedicated to the overall development of every child in the school. We believe that quality education rests on the selection, development, and retention of a vibrant team of faculty and staff and seeks professional, experienced, dynamic and creative educators to enhance the school’s efforts in positively influencing the lives of our students.
To learn more about Al-Bayan Bilingual School, please visit www.bbs.edu.kw.