Horizon Japan International School is accreditated by Kanagawa Prefecture and CIS and authorized to implement IB Diploma Programme. It is currently a candidate school to implement IB PYP and MYP.
HJIS has an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment for students to learn in, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking, and promote high standards, collegiality and an extremely strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
The following are areas for which the teacher will be held professionally accountable to:
- Teach music courses to students including voice, tone, tempo and rhythm skills
- Train, rehearse and lead students in school and community musical programs
- Conduct music classes according to rules and regulations established by the HJIS
- Develop and maintain an effective music educational program for students
- Schedule daily classes to instruct and rehearse within the assigned time
- Understand potentials and skills of each student and guide individual student according to their skills
- Evaluate student performance and provide feedback and assistance to improve their musical skills
- Maintain lesson plans and instructional materials for students
- Recommend maintenances and repairs for musical instruments when necessary
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure productive and disciplined environment during group rehearsals, practices, and performances
- Collaborate with school administration to organize musical programs for civic functions and school productions
- Monitor students in and out of the classrooms
- Maintain safe and positive learning environment for students
- Participate in curriculum development programs, student activities and faculty committees
- Attend educational workshops, trainings and professional improvement programs to maintain professional competence
- Maintain student grading and attendance records
- Evaluate student progress and ensure that students complete daily assignments
|Elementary, Middle School, High School|
|USD 3000 - 4000|
Qualifications and Requirements
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.
|Yen (¥) / En (円 or 圓) (JPY)|