MYP English Teacher
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- Relocation/Local Moving/House set-up Allowances (3000 RMB once)
- Housing Allowance (10,000RMB/month)
- Home Leave Air Transportation Allowance (10,000RMB annually)
- Advanced health insurance medical: for foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (International coverage, MSH)
- Start Contract Mobilization: Actual Air fare Reimbursement or foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (RMB5,000)
- Visa/Work Permit Expenses Reimbursement: for foreign teachers and their eligible dependents. (Up to 3,000RMB for first entry only)
- Professional Development Allowance (IB)
- Tuition Fee: The School shall waive tuition fees at the School for the teacher’s eligible dependent children.
- Physical Examination
Beijing Enlighten School (BES) is a bilingual international learning context located in the central district of Chaoyang, Beijing. The school is close to the Red Brick Museum, No.1 Art District, Wangjing, and Whole Wetland Park, with easy access by metro.
BES strongly believes in allowing learners to develop their full potential to create a better world by acting on today's experiences. Based on the implementation of the PYP, MYP, and CNC integrated curriculum, BES is committed to cultivating and educating future designers, change-makers, and innovators grounded on identity.
Here at BES, we believe that students' interests and passions are essential to engage with the learning opportunities provided at school. With this in mind, not only we expect students to achieve academic excellence and a global mindset, but also to learn to care for and to love one another. We guide our students to be entrepreneurs, visionaries and futurists with the practical skills to shape the contexts surrounding them.
In doing so, we support students, teachers and families in becoming humanists and individuals who feel that there is always scope for learning and improving oneself and others.
The role of the teacher is to provide quality, differentiated learning experiences for students in a socially, educationally and physically safe environment allowing them to learn, contribute and interact with their peers and teachers in a manner which fosters and encourages the characteristics of the school Bilingual Curriculum to meet the schools mission and vision.
- Teaching Responsibilities
- Undertakes such teaching duties as stipulated in the contract of employment.
- Carry out such other related duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be requested by the Principal within the limitations of the teacher’s contract. This will include duty supervision and one required ASA per week.
- Understands and adheres to the Teachers Essential Agreements
Teaching and Classroom Environment
- Creates a positive, stimulating, academic and risk free environment in which students can thrive educationally and socially.
- Creates an atmosphere recognizing and encouraging the attributes of the school curriculum.
- Creates a learning environment which recognizes the individual learning styles of the students.
- Ensures that all students are aware of and follow behaviorial agreements.
- Addresses all issues with positivity.
- Ensures that classrooms, furnishings, resources and equipment are respected and valued by students.
Planning and Organisation.
- Follows all prescribed teaching strategies and curriculum delivery in line with the school’s curriculum direction.
- Maintains all planning and record keeping as requested by the school
- Demonstrates a collaborative model to all planning requirements
- Attends all regular departmental or team meetings.
- Carries out teaching-related tasks as requested by the Administration.
- Prepares for and contributes to all Parent/Teacher events
- Participates in year-level or subject-based field trips as requested.
- Supports the school and its programmes in a professional and collegial manner.
- Participates in any After School Activities stipulated in Teachers contract.
- Helps create a united and effective professional team by exhibiting qualities of loyalty, tact, confidentiality, reliability, enthusiasm, efficiency and work ethic.
- Provides a good personal example to students in terms of attitudes, dress, deportment, manners, language and punctuality.
- Advises and cooperates with colleagues in determining year-level and specialist programmes.
- Contributes expertise to the development of educational programmes.
- Develops teaching resources in response to changes in the curriculum and/or its assessment.
- Contributes subject expertise to the development of cross-curricular activities.
- Participates in the planning and execution of other school programs outside of their subject specialism.
- Contributes to and participates in formal performance review and appraisal.
- Participates in professional development activities as and when requested by the divisional Principals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of subjects taught.
- Maintains a level of technology proficiency as determined and supported by the School.
- Sets homework in accordance with the homework policy.
- Maintains an appropriate assessment records
- Analyze assessment information to improve student teaching and learning
- Initiates and maintains close communication with parents regarding the social and academic progress of the students
- Conducts regular assessment of student work, both formative and summative, according to schools Assessment Policy
Interactions with students
- Builds and solidifies strong interpersonal rapport with students
- Provides the necessary pastoral care and support for all students.
- Carries out pastoral duties as stipulated by the divisional principal
- Takes a collaborative approach to issues requiring sensitivity.
- Provides the framework for students being able to work in a risk free environment.
- Is proactive with issues of student misbehavior.
- Maintains a positive approach to aspects of behavior management.
- Ensures the health, welfare and safety of students is paramount.
- Involves other colleagues with incidents of student’s poor behavior or choices.
Undertakes school supervision duties in a professional manner providing a duty of care over all students.
- Completes registers, forms and records according to specified deadlines.
- Takes and monitors student attendance.
- Plays a full part in ensuring that students pay attention to official communications from the school.
- Ensures that students obey uniform regulations.
- Participates in all professional meetings
- Is fully professional in all areas of the school’s operations.
Contributes to the school’s Activities Programme
Beijing Enlighten School is located in the central villa area and educational hub of Chaoyang District. The school is adjacent to the Red Brick Art Museum and Ma Quan Ying subway station in the East, No.1 Art District in the West, Da Wang Jing District in the South, and Heli Habitat Wetland Forest park in the North. Designed by well-known Chinese and foreign architectural designers, the school boasts a style that is elegant, dignified and full of vitality. The perfect wedding of architecture and nature, space and function, this represents the newest style of international school design. In the immediate vicinity, there are rich educational resources (including art, sports and culture), helping to provide students with a diverse learning environment.
Approved by Chaoyang District Education Committee of Beijing Municipality, and building on the foundation of the China National Curriculum, the school powerfully harnesses IB PYP / MYP Curriculum concepts and teaching strategies. In our mission to “cultivate thoughtful learners and caring global stewards”, we adhere to the cultural essence of seeking knowledge from nature, while drawing on the educational concepts and practical achievements of China and the world. We work together with students and parents to create a learning community where Chinese and Western cultures coexist harmoniously, complementing and enhancing each other.
BES focuses on the cultivation of students' ability to create a meaningful and happy life, with special focus on Social Emotional Learning, Art and Aesthetics in Education, and Information and Technology Literacy.