Primary School Principal
- Licensed Teacher, Director/Principal
- 8 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
The core purpose of this role is to provide professional, highly effective leadership and management that will achieve outstanding results in all aspects of school life. The principal promotes an inspiring vision and clear direction that is shared by all members of the school community. Ultimately, the Principal is responsible for managing all risks, filling the school and managing the cost base to generate the budgeted revenue and profit, and delivering outstanding ratings and parental engagement.
The Principal will work under the guidance of the Executive Principal for PPP Schools and will work closely with the founding staff team, as well as colleagues across the wider Taaleem family. The opportunity is to develop and bring into reality a compelling vision for an elementary school that will offer a rigorous American education and aims to develop respectful citizens who embrace UAE culture and values while having a strong global perspective.
- Teaching Certification
- Master’s degree (preferred)
- Principal/Educational Management qualification
- 4 years’ school senior leadership experience (required)
- Experience working in a school with a large student body (required)
- Experience working with English Language Learners (required)
- Experience in Leading Curriculum Development (required)
- Previous experience of working in the UAE or the GCC region (desirable)
- Knowledge of international accreditation, inspection, and evaluation frameworks
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form
- Financial acumen
- Proven track record of successful educational leadership
- Management of human and physical resources
- Strategic planning, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- Experience in developing and leading high-performing teams
- Highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders
- Model of integrity, resilient, collaborative team player, inspirational speaker, empathetic listener, and strategic thinker
- Able to convert vision into action
- Internationally minded, emotionally intelligent, interculturally aware, creative and persuasive
- Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards
- Adept in multilingual settings, spirited, pioneering, professional, and nurturing.
- Supportive staff who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- An extensive induction programme
- A school where people can develop and thrive in a caring, fun and nurturing environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A competitive tax-free salary and international package which includes furnished, private accommodation (subject to availability) or housing allowance, visa and medical insurance
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- The full support of the wider network of Taaleem schools
- A unique opportunity to experience a different culture
Taaleem has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an inspirational leader to become the Founding Principal of a new Public-Private Partnership school (K-5) in the UAE.
For the Principal, this will be a career-defining leadership challenge. The founding team is carefully shaping an educational offer based on an understanding of Taaleem’s ethos and the needs of the pupils, 100% of whom are Emirati.
The successful candidate will bring a track record of highly successful leadership as either a serving or aspiring Principal and, preferably, have experience working in both the US and the UAE. The Principal will shape a school character that is based on the distinctive traditions of an American approach to education yet is firmly rooted in Emirati culture.
The successful candidate must have the desire to work as part of a team and to build a close relationship with the central team and the wider family of schools. First-class communication skills with the gravitas to act as a credible ambassador to a range of audiences are crucial and will be complemented by commercial acumen and the personal drive to establish this new school as a success from the outset.
As a leading education provider in the Middle East, Taaleem is continuing to support the UAE Vision and National Agenda 2021, establishing a unique partnership between the government and the private sectors. We currently manage and operate several private-public partnership schools in the UAE, to raise the quality of education; playing a significant role in shaping the present and future lives of Emirati youth.
Please submit your application via TES and upload a copy of your CV and cover letter for consideration.
Taaleem is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. At Taaleem, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective practices about child protection and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to various background checks including, receipt of high-quality references, proof of relevant qualifications, identification, and police checks, including overseas checks.
As a leading education provider in the Middle East, Taaleem is supporting the UAE Vision and National Agenda 2021, and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi in their commitment to establishing a “First Rate Education System” for all students.
We currently manage and operate 8 ESE public-private partnership schools in the UAE, to raise the quality of education; playing a significant role in shaping the present and future lives of Emirati youth.Al Maktoum Primary School, Al Diyafah Street, Al Satwa Al Qarayan C1 School, Al Qarayan, Sharjah Al Mataf C1 School, RAK Al Furqan C1 School, East Sharjah Sheikha Mariam C1 School, Sharjah Wadi Al Helo C1, Kalba Omar Abdul Aziz C1, Ajman Lubna Bent Hubab C1, Dibba
Due to the success of Taaleem's Ajyal Generation School project, this summer 2024, we will be awarded 2 new additional campuses and we are therefore looking for outstanding educators to join our growing family!
We are seeking dedicated, resilient teachers who are committed to the long-term goals of this project. We would like to recruit individuals who believe they can make a difference to their students, who understand that change is a process, and who want to take an active role in sharing their expertise as the team moves towards achieving its shared goals.
Taaleem Teachers inspire young minds. As a Taaleem teacher, you will join one of the largest, most-respected education providers in the United Arab Emirates. Taaleem (which means ‘education’ in Arabic) was established in 2004 and we recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our international curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner.
The Taaleem teacher embodies, radiates, and transmits the unique Taaleem ethos of excellence, innovation, creativity, and compassion. Through inspirational teaching, with a deep understanding of students’ individual learning needs, the Taaleem teacher strives to ensure that our distinctive curriculum programs lay firm foundations for academic and professional success, personal and spiritual fulfillment, and a love of lifelong learning in every one of our students.
Taaleem is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. Aside from your qualifications, personality is very important, we look for inspirational teachers who leave a lasting impression on students for years to follow. If you’re able to demonstrate outstanding standards of teaching and learning, with a passionate, enthusiastic, creative, and dynamic attitude then we want to hear from you!
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.