Primary Teacher - Cambridge Curriculum
- Licensed Teacher
- Teaching Credential/License
- Health insurance
- Tuition free for kids
- To maintain a constant and friendly guiding presence in the classroom daily from 8am and to be the first point of contact for staff and parents. To use this time to monitor attendance and appearance of pupils as well as work
- To deliver PSHE topics during the Form periods and report back School Council minutes as well as organising agenda items from pupils for each meeting
- To encourage and support pupils in their form with their academic and personal development, particularly helping with personal organisation skills, to hear pupils read and advise on suitable reading material
- To liaise with colleagues and discuss and deal with any issues immediately concerning pupils in their form. This will involve regular checking of planners and rewards and sanctions system
- To discuss pupils’ progress formally (at parents’ evenings and by email) and informally with parents and carers
- To monitor and record pupils’ progress and development, culminating in 2 annual written reports to parents/carers at the end of the Michaelmas and Summer terms. This is involving both curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To advise on study skills and revision strategies as well as ensuring all Form Members have appropriate revision plans
- To attend and organise Form Assemblies
- To report any problems to members of the SLT
London Academy is accredited by British School Overseas, Cambridge International Assessment and COBIS.
London Academy’s vision is pupil centred with an emphasis on language learning and informational technology. Our pupils are multilingual with emphasis on English, Arabic and French. In the secondary school, the pupils have access to Chinese, German, Spanish, and Latin Courses. It is our unique and innovative Blended Learning Approach that allows our pupils in the secondary school to have access to more than 200 in-class and online course oï¬ering. It opens the door to many more STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) subjects and allows time and ï¬exibility for authentic Project- Based learning.
London Academy is a Smart School where teaching and learning are reinvented to prepare our pupils for the competencies needed for the 21st century. Science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics are seamlessly integrated in the curriculum with physical learning environments where the pupils can achieve their potential in creativity and critical thinking. Through partnerships with industry leaders in technology, London Academy hosts a number of creativity labs such as art, science, technology, robotics, virtual reality and a makerspace. In addition, the teachers and pupils are equipped with personal devices and the classrooms with smart boards, enhancing the learning experience and interactions.