Primary Teacher/Head of Maths - Al Muna Academy
- Elementary, Middle School
- University Graduate, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Primary Education (specializing in Maths)
- Teaching Credential/License
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education with a mandatory post-teaching qualification (PGCE or similar).
Minimum Experience: A minimum of 2 years experience teaching the England National Curriculum (ENC).
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Experience working with students for whom English is not their first language (EAL) students.
• Mandatory experience teaching the England National Curriculum.
• To be able to deal professionally with a range of stakeholders.
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating and nurturing children.
• A high level of professionalism and consideration for the well-being of children.
• To be able to prioritize workload and multitask.
• IT Literate and familiar with online technologies to aid in 21st-century teaching.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be sent via the career page.
What we offer:
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both leads and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is seeking an outstanding Primary Teacher for Al Muna Academy, Abu Dhabi commencing next academic year, 2023-24. This role has a possibility for a leadership role as Head of Maths.
Al Muna Academy is in the heart of the city of Abu Dhabi and was recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by ADEK - Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Serving over 700 students from Nursery – Year 6 we follow the National Curriculum of England.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To assist the AP curriculum in delivering a vision and direction for the whole school, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on pupil achievement, standards, and quality of teaching.
• To ensure that all pupils are making the most progress possible through peer observations, analyzing external data from progress tests (where applicable), monitoring regular use of target tracker for Maths, the book scrutinizes and environmental walks following the monitoring schedule set and any additional needed.
• To evidence where pupils can evaluate their strengths and areas to develop by identifying targeted children across the year group, using the marking and feedback policy to support.
Students’ personal and social development, and their innovation skills:
• To support the transition program for students within Maths.
• To monitor and promote the culture and heritage of the UAE within the curriculum and across the year group.
• To identify any opportunities for further learning through external providers, for example, Author Visits.
Teaching and learning:
• To monitor, evaluate and review learning and assessment through formal and informal book looks, learning walks, and observations.
• To support the development of teaching and learning strategies in Maths, ensuring that all professional development is being implemented consistently.
• To use data analysis and relevant assessment information to set targets for improvement across Maths and analyze the impact of this.
• To liaise with the Head of Phase and Head of Inclusion to have an overview of what intervention is happening in Maths across the school and monitor and evaluate the impact of this.
• To quality assure learning environments ensuring that Maths working walls are quality and supporting learning and monitoring the use of additional supportive material within the classroom.
• To identify best practices in Maths across the school and create lead learners in specific areas of Maths.
• To create a curriculum overview for Maths.
• To ensure there is clear evidence of any adaptations to the curriculum made and explanations for the adaptations.
• To monitor, evaluate and review teaching and curriculum through formal and informal book looks, learning walks, and observations and share findings with AP Curriculum and Assessment.
• To take a liaise with the Tech Coach on any useful technology for Maths across the school.
• To create a Curriculum Action Group (CAG) and meet at least half termly, creating an action plan for Maths.
• Theme day.
Leading and managing staff:
• To play a significant role in implementing, reviewing, and measuring the impact of the whole School Development Plan and the SEF within Maths and liaise with the AP curriculum.
• To provide an excellent role model for all members of staff and pupils in all aspects of school life.
• To lead meetings and communications within the Curriculum Action Group and share with SLT throughout the year.
• To be fully aware of the ethos of the school and embrace this and be a role model for all staff.
• To ensure the school is well-resourced for Maths and an audit of resources is carried out to prepare for effective ordering for the following academic year.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• The protection, care, guidance, and support of students.
• To inspire, motivate, empower, and influence staff and students within the school, taking a leading role in maintaining the highest standards of learning in Maths, teaching, and behavior management.
• To work with the inclusion team to identify and monitor students identified as POD and those who are Gifted and Talented to ensure they receive the appropriate support in Maths.
• To ensure all events for Maths are on the school calendar.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal-opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Al Muna Academy is a vibrant international school in the heart of the city of Abu Dhabi and was recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by ADEK - Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK). Serving over 700 students from Nursery – Year 6, we follow the National Curriculum of England.
The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, and confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and in the future. We have a wonderful school site that provides many different opportunities for curriculum development.
We believe that imagination, creativity, and big dreams can change our world! We are focused on improvement and solutions. We empower our staff and students to be innovative and unconstrained. We celebrate thinkers and doers.