Horizon Japan International School is accreditated by Kanagawa Prefecture and CIS and authorized to implement IB Diploma Programme. It is currently a candidate school to implement IB PYP and MYP.
HJIS has an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment for students to learn in, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking, and promote high standards, collegiality and an extremely strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
On the job, school counselors:
- Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
- Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
- Mediate conflict between students and teachers
- Improve parent/teacher relationships
- Facilitate drug and alcohol prevention programs
- Organize peer counseling programs
- Refer students to psychologists and other mental health resources
- Work on academic boards to improve learning conditions
|Yokohama , Japan|
|Elementary, Middle School, High School|
|USD 3000 - 4000|
Qualifications and Requirements