- College/University Faculty, University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Licensed Nurse from the Ministry of Public Health in Qatar
- Other Certification
- B.A. Degree with certification and Valid Nursing License in Qatar
- Experience in working in the school environment, preferred.
- English/Arabic language skills; good listening skills.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- Health Care
- Housing Allowance
- Ticket Allowance
- Providing the necessary nursing care for all school community members, whether students or employees, either for those who have a documented disease history in the school clinic records or first aid services for emergency cases.
- Conducting comprehensive examinations for vision, hearing, speech, growth, and all examinations requested by the Ministry of Public Health in the State of Qatar or what the Academy's administration requests.
- Providing the necessary health and awareness guidance.
- Diagnose health problems.
- Giving the required medications according to the doctor's instructions for all individuals who suffer from chronic or unexpected/ seasonal diseases during the school day.
- Providing the necessary medical aid for students with chronic diseases and those with special needs.
- Providing guidance and counseling services and implementing the necessary or requested workshops and awareness sessions for the school community of students, staff, and parents.
- Follow up on students' vaccination records and implement what is required of them in the aspects of vaccination according to what is requested by the Ministry of Public Health or the Academy's administration.
- Develop and implement urgent plans to preserve the health of school community members, including students and employees in emergencies.
- Implement plans for students with chronic conditions and monitor them so that they can coexist/ harmonize with their classmates throughout the school day in a safe manner.
- Effectively keeping patients' files in a way that guarantees privacy and not submitting or revealing them until after obtaining the necessary approval from the Academy's administration or those whom the Academy's policy authorizes to view those files, such as the direct guardian or the relevant official authorities.
- Follow up on patients and ensure that the required plan is implemented for them during school hours.
- Reviewing medicines and informing the administrative staff of the medicines to be renewed or disposed of.
- Attending the related health workshops organized by the related public authorities such as MOPH and MOEHE.
- Periodic inspection of all first aid units in the buildings.
- Keep the medications, medical equipment, and tool in safe conditions.
- Request the needed medicines and equipment for the clinic.
- Ensure that food samples are taken from the school canteen daily and kept in a refrigerator designated for them.
- Knowledge/ Familiarity with all relevant public health standards and circulars in the State of Qatar.
- Follow up on the Ministry's requests, such as regularly checking eyesight, height, and weight.
- Follow up on the student’s cleanliness/ hygiene.
- Full knowledge of first aid, resuscitation, etc...
The Arab International Academy was founded in Doha, Qatar in 2016 to establish a high-level private international school that provides a challenging and well-rounded international educational experience. To achieve that goal, we have drawn on the very best of international thinking in our choice of curriculum and approaches to 21st-century teaching and learning. AIA is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for the Diploma Programme (DP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), and the Primary Years Program (PYP).
Because we know that it is when employees are comfortable and feeling good about the work they are doing that they do their best work, we strive to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible while working in Doha. In addition to paying for your visas and medical exams, we have a great team to help you through the process of settling down in Qatar.
Once you are here, we will help you settle into your private apartment and help you take those first steps toward making Doha your home. We will provide bus service between your housing and the school and will organize shopping excursions regularly. We hope that once you come to school, your living situation will be organized to the point that you will be fully available to give your colleagues and students your best. To help you with that, we have a full slate of professional development activities planned and will also differentiate your learning to meet, as much as possible, your individual needs.
We hope to create a dynamic, interesting, and respectful environment for both students and staff, a learning environment that no one will want to leave.