Secondary Academic Coordinator
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
- 6 years of teaching experience
- knowledge of teaching and learning pedagogies
- Teaching Credential/License
- At least 3 years leadership experience in a Secondary School.
- Excellent use of ICT skills
- Able to communicate very well in English and Spanish.
- To lead teaching and learning in the Secondary school.
- Responsible for academic standards across the Secondary school.
- Form part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Some Job Specific Task:
- Lead and manage the Heads of Department, organising and leading meetings where necessary. Ensure the academic aspects of the secondary school are consistent with and support the school mission and vision.
- Be responsible for curriculum priorities: review, development, implementation, and documentation.
- Analyse results data and create interventions and action plans with Heads of Department and other staff when necessary.
- Liaise with the psychology department about academic issues and student action plans.
- Be responsible for the daily leadership and management of the academic aspects of Secondary. ·
- Coordinate the integration of the curriculum articulation grid considering the Peruvian and international proposals, in permanent contact with the Director.
- Monitor and supervise teaching staff, providing educational and administrative leadership.
- Ensure a positive and supportive environment exits for staff evaluation and development and to develop team building, staff welfare and pastoral care.
- Ensure effective communication with and foster good relations with the parent body
Fleming College is a warm, friendly commuity that works towards its students becoming highly successful, principled citizens of the world.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum based on the best of British, Peruvian and international standards and are proud to have been the first IB World School in Trujillo. Through our dynamic, concept based curriculum and our caring pastoral system we encourage our students to develop the qualities of passion, compassion, perseverance and international mindedness
Our teachers guide our students through a process of inquiry based learning and other activities, to become independent learners and enable them to reach their learning objectives.