Secondary Chemistry Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Education/Applied Chemistry
- Visa and work permit reimbursed at the completion of contract
- Generous paid holiday during the year (22 days of public holiday + 18 days of personal leave + 6 days of sick leave + 2 weeks school breaks)
- Lunch provided at school canteen
- Medical allowance provided for the extended contract to 2 years
- Round trip airfare reimbursed at the completion of contract and airport pick-up provided
- Assistance in finding an accommodation but the housing allowance is already included in the salary
Westview Cambodian International School is a 7th to 12th grade institution based on best teaching practices. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, we are dedicated to preparing our students to be socially committed leaders and responsible citizens who are successful in a local and global environment. We focus not only on academic excellence, but the essential elements necessary to succeed, including resilience, perseverance, developing a growth mindset, and maintaining an open mind. Core classes are taught in English and are aligned with the American Common Core Standards. The remainder of the day is reserved for Khmer language, culture, history, geography, and civics classes taught in Khmer, to ensure that students are well-versed in their heritage language and culture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and love for teenagers and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the students
- Ensure the teaching quality of his/her classroom meets the high standard of school curriculum
- Prepare monthly lesson plan by using school online resources and ensure that the lesson plan of his/her classroom follows the school curriculum
- Keep records of student assessment, lesson plans, homework and other documents per school requirements
- Assign and correct homework, unit tests, projects, ect.
- Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with Students, Parents and School Management team
- Lead students to join various academic activities/projects and local and regional competitions
- Write report cards and conduct parent teacher meetings two times per year
- Ensure and maintain safety, hygiene, and stimulating environment for his/her classroom’s students
- Build good relationship and maintain good communication with Parents, Students and Staff
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities when requested
- Attend weekly meetings, professional development, Parents-Teacher meetings and school events as requested
- Perform other teaching related tasks as requested
Learning Jungle International School is a proud provider of quality education and care for children and families in the communities it serves. Guided by our centre policies and procedures that are rigorously implemented, our centres provide the highest Canadian standards of quality education and a learning environment that continually exceed the most stringent requirements of local legislation.
All Learning Jungle Schools are licensed and monitored by the local authority responsible for enforcing legislation for schools and learning centres. This ensures that our centres comply with very specific rules and regulations from the local Public Health, Fire Department, Department of Education and Children's Services.
The teachers at Learning Jungle School meet and often exceed the necessary qualifications required; with each room having a qualified E.C.E. (Early Childhood Educator) or teacher with a Bachelor of Education. We actively support and encourage professional growth for all our staff.
In addition to our high standards reflected in our teachers, centre environment, programming and services, we are distinct from other elementary schools and early learning centres through our commitment to delivering a differentiated parent involvement experience supported by our technology. In a Learning Jungle School, parents are always "In touch, Never away and Always connected", providing the constant assurance and confidence that their child is being taken good care of.
Teachers can find English teaching jobs in Cambodia in language schools or public school classrooms. Having a teaching certificate or TEFL certification can increase teachers’ salaries dramatically, so prospective English teachers are recommended to complete a TEFL course before applying for jobs to teach in Cambodia.