Secondary Physical Education Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
- Subject Related, Education
- Teaching Credential/License
-Valid Passport with Min. one blank page and six months validity
-Covid Vaccination records Min. two doses
-Monthly housing allowance
-Relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers
-Tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance
-12 weeks of paid holidays
You can expect to teach an average of 23 teaching hours per week, plus 3 hours per month allocated to substitute teaching. In addition, you will have a generous amount of non-contact time for planning, preparation, and professional growth.
Where are you teaching next?
With seven modern campuses, a large team of professional teachers, and experienced academic managers, Vietnam Australia School (VAS) offers a highly unique and integrated bilingual K-12 education system for nearly 8,000 predominantly Vietnamese students. With an increasing student base and curriculum offerings, we are excited to seek applications from qualified candidates to join our dynamic and professional teaching team.
5 reasons to teach in Vietnam and at VAS
Working and living in Vietnam as an expat has many benefits. Vietnam is a tropical and cultural paradise that has one of the highest economic growth rates in Southeast Asia. It is an ideal destination for many international teachers due to its cheap cost of living, rich culture, fantastic food, friendly people, and wonderful students. Vietnam has emerged from the COVID-19 pandemic in a strong position thanks to the swift action taken by the Government. Education professionals in Vietnam are highly respected and regarded, making teaching in Vietnam a great opportunity for teachers to bring value and feel valued.
- One of the worlds' absolute best countries to work in – Vietnam is ranked as the 5th Best Destination for Expats in 2022 by Fortune and was the 10th Best in 2021 as ranked by InterNations.
- Fantastic students – Vietnamese students are well-known for being highly motivated, well-behaved, and respectful of their teachers, making for a pleasant classroom environment in all grade levels.
- Culturally diverse teaching environment – VAS is one of the leading international bilingual schools in Vietnam. It has around 1,100 Local and International teachers supporting our highly successful integrated curriculum, consisting of Cambridge International and Vietnamese National Programs. Our teachers are truly an international group, bringing a mix of experiences, cultures, and skills to our school.
- Career progression – being part of a fast-growing school of 7 campuses and nearly 8,000 students, our expat teachers have a chance to develop their careers and gain further accreditation through our Cambridge International Professional Development Centre. Many of our teachers are promoted internally each year to various management-level positions.
- Salary & Benefits – due to the low cost of living in Vietnam, many people can save more compared to their home country. Expat teacher benefits at VAS consist of a competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers, tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more.
What we are looking for
- We are seeking to appoint a creative and dynamic teacher of the highest quality to teach alongside our existing qualified and experienced PE teachers.
- The successful candidate will have an interest in working with children, a passion for Physical Education, and will be joining a team of dedicated specialists providing a progressive Cambridge curriculum.
- Candidates should be trained Physical Education teachers and possess a commitment to helping our pupils achieve their maximum potential.
- Candidates should also demonstrate a willingness to contribute to the extracurricular life of our school.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Is a trained Physical Education teacher, preferably with Cambridge curriculum experience.
- Has a genuine interest in the field of Physical Education from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective.
- Can promote a well-organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Is enthusiastic, with an open, problem-solving mindset.
- Is committed to constant improvement of the curriculum.
- Has good interpersonal skills and works well in teams.
- Is reflective and seeks to develop their classroom practice.
- Willingness to embrace our VAS core values.
- Has a strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with a diverse group of people.
- Has an ability to develop effective student and parent relationships.
What you will do
As a Physical Education teacher at VAS, you will be joining a supportive, welcoming, and successful team, with excellent outcomes. The key duties of this role will include:
- Reviewing and teaching the secondary Cambridge International PE curriculum Ensuring that teaching and learning in the classroom is of a consistently high quality.
- Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs and to ensure students’ progression.
- Use a range of appropriate strategies for teaching and learning and classroom management.
- Maintain a well-organised and stimulating learning environment.
- Use information about prior attainment to set expectations for students.
- Use a range of assessment and reporting methods that make students’ achievement visible in relation to learning outcomes.
- Provide clear and constructive feedback to students and their parents and caregivers.
- Actively contribute to a cohesive, hardworking department, with a strong collegiate culture.
- Promote and expand students’ academic, personal, and social development beyond the classroom.
Your background and experience
This is a certified Physical Education teaching position. Furthermore, we are looking for a teacher with the following traits and experience:
- Experience teaching UK-based lower secondary and IGCSE Physical Education.
- Strong curiosity in learning about other cultures and working with a diverse team.
- Genuine interest in Physical Education from both a pedagogical and theoretical perspective.
- We’ll look to you to promote high expectations for our students, creating a learning culture where there are no limits to what can be achieved. You will foster an environment of respect within the classroom, facilitating learning through questioning and discussion.
Expat teacher benefits at VAS consist of a competitive salary, monthly housing allowance, relocation allowance for overseas hired teachers, tuition waiver for up to two children, international health insurance, 12 weeks of paid holidays, retention bonus, and more. You can expect to teach an average of 23 teaching hours per week, plus 3 hours per month allocated to substitute teaching. In addition, you will have a generous amount of non-contact time for planning, preparation, and professional growth.
To apply for this role, please send your full application including your resume, cover letter, scans of all relevant documents/certifications, three references, and a copy of your passport.
For further guidance regarding your written application and tips from VAS, please visit our Job Application Guide.
Learn more about what it is like to teach at VAS by reading our teacher's stories.
Note regarding COVID-19 and vaccinations
Before joining VAS, teachers must submit a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record/passport/equivalent, including the information of two (2) vaccinations, the dates of each vaccination, and the type (manufacturer, including batch number). This is a compulsory requirement from Department of Health and Department of Education and Training (DOET) in Vietnam.
Established in 2004 and licensed by the Vietnamese Government, Vietnam Australia International School (VAS) is a private school group with the national education system offering K-12 education programs. At present, VAS is offering educational services to more than 7,000 students from K through 12 at 7 campuses in Ho Chi Minh City.
To be a growing school group of excellence, preparing students to be successful in life and higher education, whilst preserving Vietnamese values through a combination of National and International education programs.
VAS will transparently set out its core values and empower all its stakeholders to fully apply themselves to achieve the highest standard in each of these values in a culture of continuous improvement.
VAS will deliver a harmonious combination of national and international education programs with a high level of English and Vietnamese language proficiency.
VAS will create a community of national and international managers, teachers, and staff who passionately and efficiently deliver VAS’s education programs.
VAS will excel in communicating and engaging with parents to create a partnership where parents support teachers and staff to ensure that their children achieve their full potential.
VAS will provide its education programs to a growing number of students and in a growing number of locations sustainably and responsibly.
There are several places to find jobs teaching English in Vietnam: colleges, language institutions, and international schools. Teach abroad jobs in Vietnam exist for licensed teachers, teachers with IB experience, and ESL instructors.