Secondary School Vice Principal
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 10 years of teaching experience
- Curriculum, Instruction, School Administration
- Significant experience in leadership positions in an IB setting
- A minimum of 10 years of successful classroom teaching including an extended period of exemplary teaching within an IB context
- Exceptional leadership, communication, collaboration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- A communicator who not only presents well but listens, empathizes, and connects
- An educator who possesses a deep knowledge of curriculum, instruction, and learning
- A visionary with a clear sense of purpose and direction
- A connector who builds strong and productive relationships
- A change agent who understands and appreciates the challenge of change
- A builder with motivation, energy, and enthusiasm to spare
- A producer who is results-oriented and has a strong sense of personal accountability
- A character builder whose behaviour is marked by trustworthiness, respect, and integrity
- A team player whose priority is the success of others
- Single accommodation allowance $2,350 SGD monthly Couples accommodation allowance $3,800 SGD monthly
- One way ticket to and from home of record at the beginning and end of the contract
- Annual airfare allowance based on regional zone 50% airfare support for dependent pass holders
- Professional development opportunities
- Medical insurance, outpatient, optical and dental for employee and dependents
- Maternity benefits
- Full tuition for all eligible school-aged children
- 14 days sick leave annually and up to 60 days hospitalization leave
- Moving in allowance $1,000 single $2, teaching couple $3,000 Family
- Shipping out allowance of $500 at the end of the first two-year contract
- Up to 5 days of hotel accommodation for a single teacher and 10 days for married couple upon arrival
The Canadian International School of Singapore seeks a Secondary School Vice Principal - Lakeside Campus - for the 2020-2021 School Year
Application Deadline: December 1. 2019
While the closing date for this competition is December 1, 2019, CIS reserves the right to appoint earlier than the published deadline should an outstanding candidate emerge. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application at the earliest possible opportunity.
The secondary vice-principal works closely with the principal, another vice-principal and an MYP and DP coordinator to support curriculum implementation and best practices in classroom instruction.
As a member of the senior administration team, the secondary vice-principal contributes to the overall operation of and the strategic planning for the school and sits as a member of the school’s Senior Academic Team.
- Create exceptional learning opportunities and promote outstanding student achievement
- Promote our school culture of care, inclusiveness, and encouragement
- Use student achievement data to inform instructional practice and improve student achievement
- Support grade-level teams in their development, understanding, and implementation of the advisory programme
- Support academic subject teams in their development, understanding, and implementation of the curriculum
- Encourage teacher growth and professional development
- Assist in the supervision, delivery, and evaluation of programs, teachers, and instruction
- Help organize special school events
- Contribute to the school’s strategic plan
- Develop timetables, schedules and procedures and protocols to ensure the effective delivery of educational services
- Oversee off-campus learning experiences including field trips and the excursion program.
- Take a positive and proactive approach to student academic, behavioural, and emotional development
- Communicate student progress and achievements to parents
- Model a positive, caring and constructive approach in resolving conflict
- Attend meetings as required and report on issues, events, and celebrations
- Communicate regarding student, teacher, facility, or school curricular issues
- Facilitate meetings between teachers and parents as required
- Advise and assist the principal in the staffing process
- Facilitate the orientation of new staff to the policies of the school
- Assist with teacher appraisals
- Contribute to the school’s professional development program
- Maintain a strong professional relationship with the community and educational providers (IBO, WASC and EARCOS)
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the school’s neighbours
Compliance with External Agencies
- Work with the principal and coordinators to ensure compliance with all IB programme authorization and WASC evaluation requirements
- Support the school’s self-study process
- Ensure compliance with authorization and accreditation authorities
- Complete aspects of the annual internal review as requested by the Quality Assurance Manager
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the school strategic plan
- Contribute as a team member to student support services
- Collaborate with coordinators as they carry out their responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
You are an educational leader who has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the teaching and learning principles articulated in both the International Baccalaureate programme and CIS vision, mission, and values throughout your career.
You bring a research-based focus to teaching and learning and are an expert in using data to analyze student achievement and develop appropriate programs, strategies, and interventions.
About Our School
The Canadian International School of Singapore (CIS) was founded in 1990. It is an IB continuum school with a population of approximately 3,300 students from over 70 nationalities Nursery to grade 12. The Lakeside secondary division serves a student population of approximately 1,00 students from grades 7-12.
The Lakeside campus in the Jurong West area of Singapore was opened in 2007 and sits on 43,000 sq. m. of land. The school boasts impressive facilities including large classrooms connected to learning pods, a 50 m outdoor pool, a 500 seat auditorium, and a library. We combine state-of-the-art classrooms, learning pods, and other learning spaces to support our inquiry-based approach and encourage a strong sense of community.
CIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all who work and learn with us. All applicants must be willing to undergo rigorous child protection screening, including reference checks with past employers not listed on the candidate’s resume and Disclosure and barring service checks.
CIS will provide extraordinary learning opportunities for the globally connected student. A nurturing environment, an international curriculum, and a culturally diverse community will facilitate exceptional achievements. Together we will take action to make the world a better place.
We're proud of the reputation we’ve established for the range and rigour of our academic offerings, the outstanding quality of our school facilities, and perhaps most importantly the care and attention we provide to each of our students - from nursery to grade 12.
Our academically rigorous programme is complemented by a broad range of languages, fine arts, athletic and service-learning opportunities designed to develop balance, deepen connections and to uncover true learning potential.
Our pedagogical approach focuses on developing the skill-sets our students need to be successful in the 21st century. We haven’t replaced the 3 Rs. Instead, we’ve embedded them within the context of the 4 Cs: critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration.
Our teachers encourage intellectual curiosity, foster creativity and inspire the pursuit of excellence in ways that define what a world-class, future-oriented education should be. They couple high expectations for success with relentless care and support - hallmarks of outstanding instructional practice.
By doing this, our students become critical thinkers. They are global citizens equipped with the knowledge, skills, and expertise necessary to gain acceptance at the best colleges and universities in the world and to excel in the next set of challenges and opportunities that await them.