Secondary Teacher - Brazil
- Middle School, High School
- Director/Principal, Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Valid U.S. teaching certificate (preferably in English Language Arts and/or Social Studies or Social Sciences)
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Secondary Teaching Certification in subject area and deemed highly qualified
- Two-year commitment and prior overseas teaching experience preferred
- Highly competitive salary
- Housing allowance
- Travel expenses
- Comprehensive health
Welcome to an educational experience that encourages collaboration, achieving excellence, and a clear path to college and careers. Welcome to a place where every student is provided with a personalized, project based student-centered learning experience, unique in-school, and online environments with 24/7 live access to educators.
WAY provides young people with a world-class education and the tools for success in life after graduating with an American high school diploma. WAY is changing the way students are being taught, by embracing the way they already learn.
WAY American School is a network of AdvancEd accredited schools throughout Brazil. We offer an exemplary educational experience and open a world of opportunity for our students. WAY continues to grow in size and impact and we are always looking for great people to join our team.
Purpose of Job:
An expert is a certified teacher in a specific content area and is in charge of creating engaging projects and learning opportunities for students, using the provided curriculum that follows U.S. national and common core standards. They work with a cohort of students as a part of a multidisciplinary team to ensure academic growth and development. Our school is a school within a school, exact location and schedule depends on new openings, you can see our locations below. In Brazil, we're partnered with private schools (several different ones) and have classrooms within the school. Our school works more as an after-school program and the average schedule has teachers teach two 2-hour classes from about 2pm-6pm (i.e. 2-4 & 4-6). Teachers report at 9:00am and mornings are designated for: planning, collaborating (with other teachers or teaching assistant (TA), who acts as more of a team-teacher), grading, meetings, etc.; teachers have an hour lunch, then prepare for students. All our curriculum is online and project-based. Lessons should generally consist of a language developing activity, then content based activities and engagement, and some work time where students are either doing collaborative work or teachers can work with students on individual progress and understanding.
Equal Opportunity Employer
W-A-Y is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No W-A-Y employee will discriminate unlawfully against an applicant for employment or fellow employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability which is unrelated to the person's ability to do the job, or any other unlawful criteria.
- Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Asa Norte, Brasília, Brazil
- Taguatinga, Brasília, Brazil
- Curitiba, Brazil
- Goiânia, Brazil
- Porto Alegre, Brazil
- Recife, Brazil
- São Paulo, Brazil
In addition to January, we have vacancies commending in June and July.
Upon hire and obtaining a work visa, candidates will need to provide the following documents:
- University Diploma
- Letter of Employment: One or more letters from former employers that demonstrates the candidate (teacher) has at least 01 year of former job experience in the position he/she will hold in Brazil. Note that only jobs held after graduation (undergraduate) from university count. The letter(s) must state the position held, for what period and must also contain:
- The employer’s name and full address
- Be printed on the institution’s letterhead
- Contain a rubber or haut relieve stamp (Notary stamp)
- Be signed by an authorized official from the institution.(apostille)
- Questionnaire (does not have to be notarized/apostilled)
- Passport: Copy of the identification pages (pages containing photo, full name and number) of valid US passport. (does not need apostille)
- Federal Background Check: Complete Background check or police report.
- Birth Certificate (original)
(All of these items must be notarized/apostolate)
Teach in Brazil for an opportunity to experience South American culture while teaching English in international schools. Boasting a multicultural population, modern cities, and over nine thousand kilometers of beaches, working in Brazil is a unique way to explore the tropics.